Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Last Day of Desert Winter For a While

This year at ZooLights, they had a theme of Wizard of Oz. Why? I don't know since it doesn't really speak to the holidays. Anyway, here are the lollipops out front.
















And the lion is out front, too, although he is a bit hard to see since I was actually going for the ZooLights sign.
















And this represents the yellow brick road (you can tell by the background music they are playing. Listen. OK, no music is playing for you, but we heard it).
















And finally, the Emerald City. Sorry it is a bit blurry. I was handholding the camera and it was dark.
















And once you are in the Emerald City, you see your favorite thing...a CoV. No, they did not see this at the zoo. I added it for y'all.






















And after that, even more interesting stuff for us to share. Well, that is, if I can think of any.

We just watched the mid-season finale of Walking Dead. Whew, it was a barn-burner. That means it was exciting for all you youngsters out there.

We are due to have a storm pass through and take away our mid-70s. It will be all the way down to the upper-50s by Wednesday. Where is my jacket?

Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the Michael Jackson Thriller video. Here are some interesting facts about it.

Didn't I tell you that there was a lot of ground fog (the interweb called it ice fog) in Flagstaff last weekend? Looks like it also happened at the Grand Canyon.

I like to play some in Photoshop. Who doesn't? Maybe most of you are saying, "Why would I do that?" Somebody enjoys it more than me, though. Check out these bird+dog blends.

Texas is not the only state with unique phrases. Check out these from the Northeast.

We've had fun today, right? I'm ready to tackle the challenges of the day. Check in tomorrow to see who tackled who.

No comments: