Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ten Eleven

Do you remember what you were doing on October 11? I'll give you a moment to think about it.

Well, anything? What if I asked you about Oct 11, 2012? Oct 11, 2011? I remember them all because that seems to be a day we are always on our fall trip. Let's start with this year, 2013. Here is a shot driving west out of Telluride, CO. I liked the bright colors against the drabness of the day.

















Let's look back one year to 2012. We were south of Ouray looking at an old suspension bridge from the mining days. The linked article notes "The slurry bridge across Corkscrew Gulch, still intact today, was once the longest suspension bridge in Colorado."
















Hey, Dad. I found out that part of the road we travel on West Dallas Creek is owned by Ralph Lauren. Who'd'a thunk.

So, two years ago, way back in 2011, we were in central California at Yosemite National Park up on Sentinel Dome, looking at the Upper Falls. To our right is Half Dome.























I was going to show you the CoV for Oct 11, 2010, but for the same reason I have photos of our trips above, I did not create a CoV on any of those days. So, we'll just continue the journey backwards, moving now to May 8, 2009.






















We went out with the folks last night to celebrate his birthday. Whoo hoo. A wild time was had by all. Maybe not so wild, but he did get a free dessert. And they had a veggie burger that i could eat.

Today is the fourth annual PM Christmas Party (that name is probably trademarked, so don't go repeating it all around town). I ended up getting "Beyond Meat" Buffalo Wings. I brought some salad makings to serve with them. Let's see how much of it gets eaten. Unfortunately, I left my White Elephant gift at home, so I will need to make a dash home later this morning.

I've had those wings before in a wrap, but today, they are individual wings. And with that, today's post is a wrap, but don't try to eat it. You'll probably get indigestion just from reading it anyway.

2 comments:

Keith said...

HIS birthday?! I understand it was a dual celebration. Happy Birthday, old man!

denise tucker said...

hmmmm....sounds like you celebrated your birthday for the week mr randy? the suspension bridge is fun but only a trip over and back? as I don't like the idiots that are in front of me that I have the pleasure of being behind for things like this? Yosemite also love this place as its full of "wild-life" to capture in pictures....[ciao]