Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Post of 2013 (Well, For Me, Anyway)

OK, I ended up going to the doctor about my persistent cough, and I guess it was a good thing. I have early stages of the flu and mild bronchitis. So, he put me on some medicine and, hopefully, it will impede further illness. I also asked him if a vegan diet might have anything to do with catching this, but he said, if it is balanced, it shouldn't matter.

And I am still eating vegan. Articles like this help keep me motivated for healthy eating since Alzheimer's does run on my mother's side of the family.

I am typing this while watching Boardwalk Empire. We got late start on TV because I waited over an hour at the docs. We won't have time for anything else tonight.

Have you ever seen a person creating art before your eyes? This is a shot I caught of a woman painting a scene at Balboa Park in San Diego.
























And the watercolor she created was certainly based on this location.
























And here is one from Telluride. She is painting the shaded path seen in the background.























OK, one more. Here's one from a trip to Zion National Park.























And she was drawing this view.

















Yes, you did get five photos for the price of three today (two were clarifications of what the artist was trying to capture), but it's the end of the year. I will not publish any more in 2013. And I will give you one more Clarity of Vision, too.






















Do y'all click on the links I share? You should check out this one. The art this dude can do with a nickel is amazing. No, not "for" a nickel, "with" a nickel.

How about an end of the year joke. You have probably heard this one before, but it is still a clever one.

Mom visits her son, who shares an apartment with a female. The son insists that the young woman is just a roommate, nothing more, but Mom senses that something else is going on. They have dinner and as the evening progresses, Mom's suspicions grow. But reading her thoughts, the son tells her, “I know what you're thinking, but I assure you, we share an apartment to save money, that's it."

A few days later, his roommate mentions that their silver plate has gone missing, ever since his mother came to visit. "You don't suppose she took it, do you?" she asks.

"I doubt it," he replies. "But I'll email her, just to be sure." He sits down and writes: Dear Mom, I'm not saying you ‘did' take the silver plate from my house. I'm not saying you ‘did not' take the silver plate. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner. Love, your son.

He receives an email back: Dear Son, I'm not saying you ‘do' sleep with your roommate, and I'm not saying you ‘do not' sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the silver plate by now, under her pillow… Love, Mom.

Y'all all have a great New Year's Eve and Day and I will meet you back here in 2014. It's gonna be a great year, my friends.

No comments: