Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Birthday Greetings

He is known by many names. To some, it may seem he has been around forever. To others, he is their youngest sibling and may be perceived as a spring chicken. To me, he is Dad and I wish him a Happy Birthday!

The trees here are still gaining their fall colors, but I don't see anything with colors as bright as we saw in Colorado earlier this year.






















And while we have many beautiful sunsets, I haven't seen anything look like this peak.
















And my daily commute looks nothing like this.






















But my CoV looks exactly like this (or at least it did back in the day).






















Speaking of adventures in CO and CoV makes me think of Disney California Adventure which makes me think of the World of Color. They have a new one called Winter Dreams. You should check out some of their info about it here.

For some reason, I thought of Birkhill Castle near St. Andrews, Scotland, last night. I think that I saw mention of someone names Siobhan (pronounced shuh-vahn)and that is who we corresponded with and interacted with with when stayed at that castle back in 2004. According to their website, she is the Countess of Dundee. So, I searched back through this blog to find a photo to repost, but I did not start the blog until Summer, 2005. I know. It feels like a lot longer to me, too.

No, I am not bragging. Is that one of the seven deadly sins? Here is a map of the US where the seven deadly sins are the most prevalent.

The Beatles may be bragging after releasing new outtakes of classic songs. I imagine they are selling well. However, Paul may not be bragging about his twelve weirdest songs.

Let's end today using the title of another Beatles song, The End. As always, your continued readership is appreciated.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

Wish your dad a happy birthday for me. We have been busy marrying off my daughter Meg. The wedding was the Saturday before last outside of Austin. It was really cold down there but we got it done and had a good time. Some of the family was able to come and that made it even more special. I downloaded some of your Colorado and grandkids with Santa pictures and showed them off at Thanksgiving on my little Nexus tablet. There was a lot of ooohing and aaahing and comments about your photography skills. Wish everyone out there a Merry Christmas for me.