Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What Happened to Blockbusters?

No, I am not talking about the video rental store. I am wondering why movie studios don't all plan for big movie blockbusters during the summer. Sure, I know times are hard and those things cost big bucks, but they were always so fun. I have heard that Jaws was actually the first of that trend back in 1975.

One of the later blockbusters is mentioned in today's Clarity of Vision.You can find some of the actual questions on the citizenship test here.

The charity: water event yesterday was fun. 60 team members each carried the 40 lb. water jug 100 yards, for a total of 3 miles (this symbolizes the average distance that people in third-world countries travel to get water (and not necessarily fresh, clean water). I heard we donated a total of $10,000 to the charity.

No meetings until 11am today, so I hope to get some real work done. The boss gave me some new assignments that I need to start preparing for. They sound interesting, so I am excited about the opportunity they afford.

After two hours of normal choir practice on Tuesday nights, my voice is ready for a break. It is not like back in high school or college when we had choir practice every day. My voice is not used to singing for so long. Having said that, you can imagine that I am a little worried about the CD recording sessions this weekend. We are scheduled to record 12 songs in three 4-hour sessions on Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon. Whew!

OK, when I am sitting here thinking if there is anything else I want to write, it means it is time to shut 'er down. So, I will ask you, politely, to please leave and come back tomorrow. "Please leave and come back tomorrow."

2 comments:

Lewis said...

Thanks for being so nice while throwing us out. As I used to tell my kids' friends, "you don't have to go home but you can't stay here".

Anonymous said...

wow $10,000! is great to donate to the feeling like the "mission field". hmmmm i rang the door bell? no one answered, yet the light was on....could here the noise of someone tapping to a song which was being played (think it was "this little light" this song sticks with you for awhile as we can so greatly relate the THE-LIGHT being in either strong or dim at the moment....since tomorrow is suppose to be yardwork day, the grass is too wet to mow/will be almost too high by the time its done on monday...pat would always threaten to fire that yard tending lady since she started years ago. in return i would say ok, i will also fire the maid, the barber, most of all the cook? of course his tab/bill is much higher than mine ever was...1975 for jaws? yes, have to admit i was on the edge of my seat with this one. well better continue reading the electronic mail...pat would tell me it too was cheating the post office out of money...see you tomorrow (denise