Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Japan, Mars Hill, and Titanic

Let's start today with Clarity of Vision. I included the link because the story is true, although maybe the names were changed to protect the guy that wrote that first paragraph. The newscaster in the comic reads it almost verbatim and you can see my comment about it in the final panel.

Yesterday, I forgot to mention something from the sermon I heard Sunday. Actually, the sermon triggered a 30-year-old memory. He was preaching from Acts 17 and talking about Paul speaking before the Areopagus at Mars Hill. Years ago, we had a lawyer speak to our Sunday School class about this text. He discussed how Paul presented his case, what legal techniques he employed and why they were an effective strategy, how he started with their own beliefs and writers and then refutes those points. I think that may be the only single SS lesson I remember.

Guess what we did last night? That's right. We tried a different Goodwill, ever on the search for a bargain. I ended up buying Titanic:The Board Game and a 2.4GHz wireless router. No, I don't know anything about the game, but it looked interesting. Hopefully, we can test it before Ouray. And we saw a card-based version of The Game of Life at Target the other day. I know we really like the Monopoly Deal game, so I may spring for it.

I plugged in my iPod Touch all night and it ended up losing battery life and not recharging. I guess, when the computer goes to sleep, it does not charge. That's just wrong. So, I brought in the cable to work today and am charging it while I type.

My calendar shows my 8:30am call, a training class I must give at 10am, and a conference call at 2:30pm. Otherwise, I am free to investigate a problem that allows people to charge time against a canceled project, and setting up a Sharepoint site. Sounds fun, right?

It is still fairly quiet around here so far, but I need to finish and review the 8:30am agenda before the call. So, thanks for spending a few minutes listening to my rambling. Ramble by again tomorrow.

7 comments:

Paul and Kari Mooring said...

No comments for four days. Hope your ratings don't get so low that your blog is cancelled. But if it does, don't go Charlie Sheen on us.

The Grandparents said...

That was not from Paul and Kari. Apparently one of those jerks was last on Facebook on my computer. My computer should know better.
By the way, the word showing for verification is "splain". Obviously a sign that I should "splain" to Paul and Kari about the proper use of my Facebook access.

The Grandparents said...

Or Blogger. Whatever.

CrazyUncle said...

Ooo. I hope they don't see that you called them jerks. Or maybe that was also someone else on your computer.

Craig Weeks said...

Just stopped by to do my part to boost Crazy Uncle's credibility in the blogosphere. And, yes, it really is me ... whoever that is.

(My verification phrase is "const". It's both creepy and gratifying to know that the good folk at blogger.com recognize what a reliable guy I am.)

The Grandparents said...

I see that Grandmom has been on Blogger again. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

attention detective "joe friday" it has been brought to my attention that people in japan make better products? (electronically that is....) why have we not taken some of their ways of life...hmmmm my sister could tell you things of this culture from living there 5 years. well, dective "jane monday" is still reading email along with reading cards in between...my trip to stay with christina & jared in tucson was really great for me mentally. feel like at times i need to just run away and the dream will be over? no, pat would say some silly comment to that....