Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink

It seems like we had to study The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in Senior English in high school (Mrs. Ogle, anyone?). Since our department is participating in a charity water event today, the title phrase came to mind, which then led me to remember Mrs. Ogle. I can also still remember some of the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales in Middle English. No, I am not sure it has ever helped me in life, but my brain still carries it around.

Does your employer tout the benefits of embracing change?

No, I am not going to wallow in high school memories. After all, how many of them would you want to bring to mind? It does bring to mind, though, the question of whether or not you would go back and relive parts of your life. By relive, I mean you would give up all memories of time and lessons since then and actually relive them. For me? No thanks. OK, now, what if you could know everything you know now and go back?

I was driving to work this morning and had just gotten on the freeway when I realized something was different. OK, there was some condensation on the windshield, but it was something else. Oh yeah. I did not have on my glasses. I had to drive back home and pick them up. What's next? Forget my shirt or pants like I do sometimes when packing for a trip?

I really gotta go. I am not 100% ready for the Tuesday 8:30am call. You guys, have a drink of water and let yourselves out.

No comments: