Thursday, March 03, 2011

A Computer Scare

Whew! As I was typing, I noticed that the menu bar said the laptop was not charging. So, I adjusted the power connection to see what was going on and the external monitor went blank. Oh no, what have I done. I checked all the connections, wiggled my mouse (no, the one on the computer), and finally, it came back with the login prompt and I found I had not lost any information. I am fairly good at saving often as I write, but I had not done so on my cartoon yet.

So, here is the CoV that I did not lose when my laptop acted up. It is pulled from my idea archive. I did not hear anything on the radio that gave me a news-related cartoon.
We went to Nello's Pizza for dinner last night and I order Spaghetti Marinara. The waiter asked if I wanted a full order or a half. I explained that I would want to have enough left for lunch today, so he recommended the full. Wow, that was a lot of food. I definitely have enough left for today, and maybe even for tomorrow. That size portion could have fed 5,000 people and still had 12 baskets left over (notice a second Bible reference today?).

I hooked up the wireless Linksys router last night. I picked it up at Goodwill for $12. It is working fine and I had both my home machine and work machine working using it last night. Ali thinks I can now cancel my 2nd computer option on Cox Internet and save $6 per month. Should I go ahead and do that?

We tried to check out another pawn shop last night, but it had closed at 6pm. No, we are not really looking for anything (except maybe a good deal on a Mac Book Pro or something), so we'll just check it out. Maybe we'll show up on a future taping of Pawn Stars? Or maybe Hardcore Pawn? I guess not, since neither is taped in the PHX area.

The training sessions this week went well. Thanks for asking.

Continue prayers for Kathie. I guess even the pain pills are not fully easing her pain.

Isn't it a shame about Borders going bankrupt? We haven't taken the time to check out the sales. I was thinking maybe the games might be a good value.

We have East Valley Chorale practice on Saturday afternoon. Sure, I enjoy being in the choir, but not giving up part of my Saturday with Kathie. Oh well. I guess we do want to practice at least once with the orchestra before the concert Sunday night.

OK, my stream of consciousness has been reduced to a trickle. I think I will dam it up in hopes of having a new flow of ideas tomorrow. See you tomorrow. Bring your goggles, just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm yes, when it comes to saving money? definitly...go for door #1 with the $6 savings; i had caller id due to pats sister harassing me here at the house (which is another$6 so, will take it off as it was a protective device for when i was here alone) will pray for kathy-for healing/pain to be less. great sense of humor randy....i do miss that around here since its not present i laugh out loud sometimes as i would remember some silly quote of pat. havent checked out the borders yet, maybe will do that this weekend? have way too much things racing in my mind everyday it seems. have a great weekend & see you saturday AND sunday... "patch"