Friday, March 04, 2011

Smaller, But With More Stuff

Yup. We checked out another pawn shop last night. The building size was much smaller (a typical strip mall-sized location), but it was crammed full of stuff. More guns, bicycles, electric guitars, coins, laptops, tools. Like the other place, though, no Mac laptops. And the prices were a bit higher, too.

Speaking of costs and inflation, today's CoV has a slight political leaning.

I do enjoy being in the multi-church Chorale. I do. Sometimes, though, it is a little inconvenient. We have a practice on Saturday at 2pm that will probably last a couple of hours. True, it does allow time for brunch, but not for a movie or anything. Then, our concert Sunday night starts at 7, so I won't get home until after 9pm. It should be fun once I get there, though, since this is our only non-Christmas music concert with an orchestra.

No, I have not yet finished my 2010 tax return. Have you? I think Alison already has her refund, and she may even have already spent it.

OK, it seems like we need to pick up a USB connection cable to try and rescue the data from Kyle's dead laptop. And a tech dude at work said it sounds like a virus issue, so once the data is extracted, we need to clear and reinstall everything to see if the machine can be saved. If not, yesterday's pawn shop has some nice laptops for around $400, including Dell, HP, and Compaq.

Anybody excited about visiting Ouray in the summer? I know I am.

Anybody else ready for a Friday morning nap? I know I am.

I got my new glasses this week. Whoo hoo. I cannot believe that I look so much better. Who would have thought that possible, right? So, I guess I'll need to get Kathie an appointment. I talked to KDW and he said that a price of $300 is not too bad for good frames and progressive lenses. Oh, the joys of getting older. It does mean I can read again without the spots on my old glasses due to the anti-glare coating starting to wear off.

We had Honey Bears BBQ for dinner last night. That's good stuff. Y'all should try it if you're ever passing through Tempe and get a hankerin' for BBQ. Right now, there is a traveling carnival in the parking lot near Honey Bears. No, we didn't go, but we watched some of the rides. One of them is that one where they occasionally hang upside down (Wikipedia calls it Kamikaze). I don't think I liked those when I was younger, but certainly know that I wouldn't like it now. Still, we saw some not-young people getting off the ride.

Just 2-1/2 hours of meetings today. Not bad, right. One of them gives me a free lunch, but it does mean I have to work during lunch. Think it will be Honey Bears? Probably not.

Clara Alexandra Walker is getting dedicated at Preacher Bro's church this weekend. Congrats to all. Hey, on the birth announcement, people welcome the new addition to the family and tell the weight and height. Why don't we do that when one of our kids gets married? You know, Zachary is pleased to announce the addition of his wife to the family. She is 66" tall and weights 130 lbs. OK, maybe that won't catch on, although it might show up in a future Clarity of Vision cartoon. Anyway, I know this is a meaningful ceremony and I wish you all blessings.

OK, let's get started so we can get the workday completed and start the weekend. It's been fun, but my To Do list is not shrinking.

1 comment:

Brenda Walker said...

I think we will pass on sending wedding announcements will all that info. But thanks for making me weight so little :)