Saturday, March 26, 2011

Belated and On-Time Birthday Wishes

You know, family nicknames are not an invention by Keith's crazy family. Well, the current set of names is copyrighted by them, by we had some different ones back in the day. For example, Keith, who deserves a belated Happy Birthday, was Reeker. Why? Because we started off with Keither Reeker, and then started dropping the first part.

I remember that Dad was Paps McGruck. Why? Actually, I don't know. Rick and a friend, Kosman (or was it Cosman), started a language of their own. There was molas, which is when all the blood in your body turns to lead and runs to your bottom. We had schroushers (pronounce the 'ou' like in mouse) which were the wire cutters we used to open a group of newspapers. Seven became sesgun. Funny story with Dad using that word. Donuts became doan-blairs. A haircut became a hair-blair.

I do not remember any other people's names. So, I will just wish Carey an on-time Happy Birthday. I do remember associating Shot Roint with her, but that had nothing to do with Rick's language.

We finished our recording session a little early last night. Is it because we did so well, or are the recording engineer's standards lower than I expected. I hope it is the former reason.

Well, I've got to be there in 30 minutes. Hmm. Singing tenor so early in the morning is always a challenge. I guess I will warm up my voice as I warm up the car.

Speaking of warm, we could reach 94F by Friday. Gross.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Wasn't Mois involved in the early monicker development of my somewhat odious nickname? While we're at it, was it WalkUS or WalCuss? And why didn't today's birthday girl acquire an alias? Did Scuz and Coz intentionally leave her out? Poor (old) thing.
Thanks for the birthday wishes. And Happy Birthday to you, too, Carey (even though I did already call you with this greeting earlier today)!

Oh, and did LPW really give up the P? Like-officially and legally?!?

Brenda Walker said...

I guess the nicknames are just a Walker thing. Not sure why I worried so much what we would name Clara. Not like she will go by that name with the Walker's at all. Not even 2 months old and she already has nicknames.

Zachary Walker said...

This is a good one, nicknames are the best!