Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Few Common Eateries

Mostly, we end up frequenting the same eating establishments rather than seeking variety. There are a number of reasons, one of which revolves around places that reward frequent eating. Paradise Bakery is one of those. Sure, we like the food, but while it is a little expensive, our frequent eaters card periodically grants us a free meal. Our Saturday brunch place, also, gives us a free entree after eating five entrees. They also discount off the most expensive one on the ticket, not the cheapest. And the owner at Schlotsky's usually gives us a good customer discount. Honey Bears used to, but personnel changes somehow eliminated that one. I mention this because we went to Paradise last night. I do like the cookie that comes with the sandwich. What makes you go to the same places week after week?

The top of my desk and the top of my armoire have something in common. The tend to be a little cluttered, although I do know what I have stored there and could most likely retrieve something if asked. It does, however, look fairly messy and could be off-putting to some people. And a couple of people have mentioned my "mess" in the last few days. But what if I need my piles of papers?

We are fast approaching the sing-a-thon to record the East Valley Chorale CD. I noticed that I was ready to go home and quit singing on Tuesday after the normal two hour practice. What will three 4-hour sessions be like? And the director feels that we will sing more professionally if we dress more professionally. So, no jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes. And bring water bottles that will not make crinkly noises like the newer Arrowhead ones.

The seasonal norm is 79F right now, but we have had a few days in the upper 60s and low 70s. I have really enjoyed that. However, we are scheduled to return to normal by early next week. No, the 100s are coming too soon, so I like anytime we are below the average. However, the seasonal norm for my cube, which sits right where the A/C blows, can be pretty cool, so I have a light jacket that I keep at my desk. So far, today, it is comfortable in here.

By the way, Lewis, I liked that "you can't stay here" comment. That was pretty funny.

Well, I only have a single meeting today, so I will use my time to get some documentation ready that my boss promised that we could deliver this week. You'd best go do the things that your boss promised, too. If we can impress them enough, we should all still have jobs next week. OK, "let's be careful out there."

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

We go to the same places over and over again b/c we like the food! We do tend to go to the cheaper places with good food more often :) I love the cookies at Paradise Bakery!

Lindsay Ward said...

Oh, last night I was over at my parent's house and it came up that you love board games and go around to different places to get old, vintage ones. My dad was like, how on earth do you know that. Then Justin, my mom, and I were all like, his blog and fb! Then I said me, you, and Brenda are tight b/c we read each other's blogs!