Friday, March 18, 2011

If Yesterday Was My Monday, What is Today?

Wow. Only working two days this week certainly makes it pass quickly. It is already Friday. I could enjoy this. However, to get there, I am reminder of an old Steve Martin routine about being a millionaire and never paying taxes.

You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars. Now.. you say, "Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You.. have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot!" How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"

Wow. How did I get all the way to that when I was talking about my short week? Let's get back to today's post. We kept the GRANDS last night. We had DQ for dinner and dessert. Then we colored and watched Hairspray until bedtime. Why did we do this on a school night? Lyndsay is having some oral surgery this morning at 6:30am that involves anesthesia, so we kept the kids last night and Grammy will do so tonight while Lyndsay recovers. And, since it is Spring Break, Kathie can stay home today with the girls. Keep Lyndsay in your prayers.

And keep Rick and Denise in your prayers. They are still grieving over the loss of their son, Ben. They return to work next week, so I am sure they will need to be ready for everyone asking how they are doing, which will bring a different level of stress.

Let's change gears and check out today's Clarity of Vision cartoon. I thought of it during our drive to Dallas.
I have one more from our trip that will be coming soon. The topic is a hotel that caters to the business man. Where do you think I will go with that?

I am not all the way caught up with emails that came in while I was out of the office. Don't you hate that? I think I will handle a few in the next few minutes, then start with today's activities. Thanks for sitting down with me for a few minutes. I will be back Monday with more unimportant information and a cartoon. Yes, I will be here all next week. You've been a lovely audience and be sure to tip your waitresses.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Love that routine from Steve M.