Friday, March 25, 2011

CD Day is Here

Wahoo! It is Friday. I get to go home and relax all weekend and do nothing. Oh wait. I don't get to do nothing. We have 4 hours tonight and 8 hours tomorrow in which we have to go to a local high school and sing to record a CD. It will probably be fun...for about 2 hours. I am sure it will be a blessing and a ministry for those who hear the East Valley Chorale and want a recording, but I am not very excited right now. And to make it worse, KLIK invited us over for a homemade meal, and that girl can cook. So, Kathie and Ali are going over. It also means I miss out on my weekly brunch with my beloved.

Only one meeting today. That sounds nice, huh? I did add an unexpected meeting to my schedule yesterday with my boss. I needed him to show me how to accomplish a task in the resource tracking tool that I did not have permissions to do. So, that took up my entire afternoon. I requested the permissions, but am waiting on them.

I heard an advertisement on the radio that made me think of a new Clarity of Vision. However, the one below is not the one I thought of. I will probably write it next week. This one is about the important decisions (such as the March Madness brackets) that our President makes every day.

LPW, I am quite sure I have over 50 games. I find, though, that card games are the easiest for me to convince family to play (and usually the shorter duration ones). My most recent acquisition is Titanic: The Board Game. I have not played it yet, but it looks interesting. It seemed like a worthwhile $10 investment. We all love Bang! The Bullet, but it takes so long. I would say the current family favorite is Monopoly Deal.

I usually keep our house a little on the cool side, but even I need a jacket sometimes at my desk. Man, it seems really cool today, so I have draped my windbreaker over my shoulders. That is just wrong. It is, however, better than being hot.

We watched an episode of Bones last night where they rigged up a bunch of potatoes to power a cell phone. And yesterday afternoon in my boss' building, I saw a set of bicycle pedals mounted so the the owner could pedal while sitting at their desk. No, those things are not really related, just some random observations.

Kathie starts her physical therapy on her left hand today. Keep her in your prayers. I am quite sure it's going to be a little painful for a while. Of course, keep Rick and Denise in your prayers, too.

OK, people, we can't just sit around and visit all day, even though that would be fun. If that would be more fun than your daily work, it might be time to find different work. Ha ha. Get it? If sitting around talking and being bored is more fun than.... No, I am sure you got it. Let's get our Friday on so we can start the weekend. See you next week.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I like that you still think of me as Lindsay Paige! I was sad to let the Paige go. Plus LWW just isn't as cool as LPW. Oh, and Justin still calls me "P" sometimes :)