Monday, November 09, 2015

Things I See By Looking Up

Saturday night, there I was, sitting in the grass with my son's mother-in-law. The rest of the family was out and about at a Fall Festival at the GRANDS school. For some reason, I looked up into the western sky and saw a plane coming towards us. Except wait a minute. It seems a little bright and stationary to be a plane. It seems to be a bright light shining through clouds, but there are no clouds in our sky. It went away, and we forgot about it until we got home and watched the news that night. It was apparently either a meteor or a missile. *Update* Everyone now agrees that it was a missile. Here is a shot of the way it appeared to us some 400 miles away.














Have you been making toast the wrong way your whole life? Did you even know that was a thing to wonder about. I confess that I did not, but now I know. Will it cause me to lay our toaster on its side? Read the article and see what you think.

When we were in Colorado, I was looking up for some nice photo opportunities. I looked up for opportunities to capture the gold of aspens against the blue of the sky. Here is one I caught with a couple of trees and the golden leaves.
























Then, I decided to zoom in a bit and see if that got closer to the picture I had in my mind. I do like this one more. What do you think?
























I did the same thing with a fir tree that had aspen leaves on it. Here is the wider angle shot.
























And here is my zoomed shot. I might like the first shot better in this case.
























Have you ever tried juggling? My Architect Bro used to be able to do it some, but I never really mastered it. Check out this video of synchronized juggling. They are pretty good.

How can you NOT think of glacier when you think of Santa? That is apparently what a mall owner in North Carolina thought. He was looking to "refresh and modernize our holiday experience at SouthPark to keep the tradition fresh and exciting." Some just didn't like the appearance of the display, saying it looked more "Star Trek" than North Pole. However, "It was a mistake," Simon Malls president David Contis admitted to the Charlotte Observer, saying the glaciers will be replaced with more traditional holiday fare. So, for him, he is hoping things are now looking up. Take a look and decide for yourself.














Time for a little humor...and I mean, VERY little.












Onward and upward, my friends. Today is going to get started whether we are ready or not, so let's embrace it. See you soon.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

hmmm.....I think the way God decorates the pine trees by the golden leaves was beautiful; as for the toast, my toaster broke years ago....this makes me want to buy one before the year ends? although the oven idea have used with cinnamon or apple butter, cheese toast of assorted types.

later-------------[ciao