Thursday, November 19, 2015

Preachers, and Fudge, and PB&B, and a Bomb You Cannot Get Rid Of

It is possible that James Taylor was talking about this exact imagery when he sang of "I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road". Doesn't that look so peaceful and pleasant?
























Did you notice the mountain peak in the center right of the above shot? I decided to zoom in on it a bit and it came out nice.
























Well, let's look in the opposite direction and see if there is anything nice. Ahh. It's Preacher Bro catching me catching him taking a photo. He is surrounded by some lovely scenery, though.
























8 hours. 5 ingredients. 1 microwave. 0 fudge left after the family tastes it. That is the recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge. And the 8 hours is only because it needs to be refrigerated overnight. OK, no, I have not tasted it, but it sounds interesting for the holidays. One of you make it and let me know.








As I write this, I am chilling out to Daisy by Fang Island. What? Never heard of them? Me neither, until I read this article about 6 great modern rock bands you never heard of.

Another thing you may not have heard of is some recipes shared by famous musicians. How does BeyoncĂ©’s Cajun Green Bean Stir Fry sound? Elvis Presley’s Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich? Moby’s Vegan Blueberry Pancakes? There are also recipes from Ziggy Marley, Freddy Mercury, Jack White, and Lady Gaga.

I have had the band link in my queue for the blog for a while. I like to keep some available for those days when I do not find many new articles to share. Today, I was not finding anything other than the fudge link.

Do you like the various comic-to-big-screen movies? You know, like Superman, and Batman, and The Avengers, and .... Well, there have been many. I found an article claiming to list the worst to best of the Batman movies. They place Batman and Robin as the worst out of nine in that franchise. I might agree. But come on. Placing Batman: The Movie from 1966 as #7. I thought it should have been higher. It is so silly that it is fun. In the article, they do acknowledge the self-aware silliness of the movie as making it more fun. Here's what they say about it, "While the film is silly from start to finish, it executes that tone with such a dry and self-aware sense of humor that viewers can’t help but revel in it. Bonus points to the entire bomb disposal scene: 'Some days, you just can’t get rid of a bomb.'" As I often do, I will not reveal the name of the movie they chose as #1. You can read the article to find out.

Look, I cannot stall any longer. I am finding almost nothing today. Let's share a Clarity of Vision comic.












I sense a Thursday is waiting on us to get started, so let's not delay it any longer. I will see you soon, but don't wait up.

No comments: