Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Cronuts, Chimney Peak, Colors, Copper, Clock Tower, CoVnac, and Chorale

What can you make with Pillsbury dough? You can make things like a muffin or a gnocchi or a cobbler or a donut. A danish or a pot pie or a waffle or a cronut. Have I piqued your interest? Read about each of them here.

See that tallest peak on the left? It is called Chimney Peak (or Chimney Rock). We will see it again in a few days from another angle.
















"Hey, what's wrong with this TV screen? It seems to be stuck on one channel."
"I could look at the map if this old dude's white hair wasn't reflecting so much sunlight."
"I wish these two guys would get out of my way so I could see what's on TV today."
















"My dad said these leaves are changing colors, but I've been here for ten minutes and...nothing."
























Time for another example of how oddly my brain makes connections. I was looking over my emails and came across this subject line.








If you saw that as saying copper is a new color that works in real life and in scrapbooking layouts, then you are probably normal. If, like me, you read that and thought about people using a vocal accent that sounds like police from the 1930s, then I pity you. Yes, I really did think it was an odd subject and actually looked at the email before I knew what they meant.

History lesson time! No, not the kind of history you had to sit through in high school. This is a history of the clock tower made most famous by Back to the Future.










This past Sunday, we got to discussing Carnac the Magnificent at lunch. Some of the younger family members had never heard of this famous Johnny Carson skit, so we looked it up and shared some of them. This morning, when I was deciding what comic to write, I decided to try and write my own Carnac bit, but call it CoVnac. I entitled it CoVnac 1 in the off-chance that I ever write a second one. I also found that I cannot easily create a turban using only the tools that the cartooning software provides, so I used the final panel to make fun of that.












It's Tuesday, and you know what that means. Actually, it mostly means yesterday was Monday, and tomorrow is Wednesday, and tonight is Chorale practice. Have a Terrific Tuesday.

No comments: