Tuesday, November 24, 2015

How is a Finger Like a Pie? It Has Meringue On It

Spotted in a Samsonite store last weekend. No, I didn't buy them at almost $300 for the large size. I do like that they would be easy to spot at an airport.


















Spotted in IKEA a few weekends ago, No, I didn't buy it because it was too expensive. I do like the way to wraps around the corner, though. What do you think?


















Spotted in my calendar last month. I am fairly certain we have seen the ruins of this mill, but I cannot remember where it is.


















Also spotted in last month's calendar is this shot of aspen near Telluride. I do have shots very similar, but no, I don't remember these exact trees.


















Are you a cat person or a dog person? Well, that has nothing to do with an article I came across touting the best pie shop in each state. I suppose I should have started the paragraph with 'Are you a pie person or a cake person?" Anyway, see if you agree with the choice they made for YOUR state. This pie from OK has meringue so high that I think you have to bring an SUV to take it home.


















Are you a yam person or a sweet potato person? According to Vox, you are a sweet potato person. Why would would they say that about you? Because they have found that we are all eating sweet potatoes because yams are less common the US and only sold at specialty stores. I can't explain it. Go watch the video with the head of the Sweet Potato Council.

Spotted on Yahoo this morning: Ringo Starr is auctioning off a rare piece of Beatles memorabilia: the first copy of “The Beatles,” aka the “White Album,” numbered 0000001. Each unit of the 1968 album came with its serial number stamped on the cover. Julien’s Auctions of Beverly Hills estimates the LP will sell for up to $60,000 at the Dec. 3-5 auction. Maybe you should go for it? If it escalates in value, it could fund your retirement. However, it only went up in value $60,000 in its first 50 years, so maybe it won't fund your golden years.

Are you the type who worries that internet searches and company data mining is capturing too much knowledge about your life? What things have you searched for? What products have you bought? Do you link to your bank, and credit cards companies? Well, I read that Google had created a pin (like a brooch) that you can talk to and it will link to Google and do or find things; you know, like a Star Trek: The Next Generation communicator? Sound interesting? It would be that much more that your computer would know about you. Anyway, it is not moving towards production right now, so we'll see.

How do all the presidential candidates feel about Syrian refugees right now? Vox.com has that covered in one single, easy-to-digest chart. So, if that is the key item on which you want to base your choice, it will be much easier to evaluate. Personally, right now, I lean towards the 'pause and draft a strategy' camp.















Speaking of Presidential candidates:












We are just two days away from Thanksgiving 2015. Are you ready? Have you moved the bird from the freezer to the refrigerator to begin defrosting? Have you purchased everything for the meal? No time to delay. I will let you leave early to finish everything. Check back soon for more frivolity.

No comments: