Thursday, November 05, 2015

The Numbers Speak For Themselves - 18 Wheels, $182K, 100KHz, and $2M

This is the moment when I realized my brother was becoming a Borg.
















Oh, come on, dude. At least stand behind a tree.


















It is a good thing that I caught this on camera. Otherwise, no one would have believed that the man in the hat pushed that older gentleman right off of the bridge. You can see him reaching out to try and prevent his fall. Shocking, I say.
















That little road above would likely not handle the heavy weight of 18-wheelers (80,000 lbs). The mention of 18-wheelers may have you wondering just why those trucks actually have 18 wheels. That question was yesterday's Question of the Day in Yahoo Autos (hint: it has to do with allowable weight per axle).

Have you ever thought that it couldn't be that difficult to own a fast food restaurant? Well, for me, the startup costs sink that dream (as if I ever had it). For a Taco Bell restaurant, startup costs, which include construction expenses and a $45,000 franchise fee, average between $1.2 million and $2.5 million, according to the company. The costs are slightly lower — between $175,000 and $1.4 million — for franchisees to acquire an existing Taco Bell restaurant. Subway, by comparison, is far less expensive, costing between $116,000 and $262,850, according to the company.

One year, for Halloween, I dressed up as my son and attended a costume party. I must have pulled it off somewhat as many people came up to me and began to speak to me as if I was him. However, he did not dress as me, and even if he had, it would not have looked as amazing as this pair.















How often do you get your hair cut? Apparently, Kanye West gets his trimmed EVERY DAY, and pays $500 for each cut. So, that's about 30 cuts per month, or $15,000 per month, or $182K per year. His barber is not doing too bad. Thankfully, my cuts cost less, and they are only about once per month. I guess my barber cannot retire from just cutting my hair.

You have extra money since your haircuts cost less than Kanye's? How about the ultimate set of headphones for $55K? they claim an 8Hz to 100KHz frequency response—far beyond what human ears are capable of hearing. The range of hearing for a healthy young person is 20Hz to 20KHz.

Have you ever had a grilled cheese sandwich? What am I asking, of course you have. Anyway, what spread do you put on the bread? Butter? Probably, yes. Olive Oil? Less likely, I am sure. Mayonnaise? I never heard of such a thing. Read a review from Consumerist and see what their blind taste test revealed.

We had a storm blow through last night. That reminds me of a classic CoV....












And posting today's CoV reminds me that it is time to get to work. I hope you had fun in today's blog post. I know I did. Until tomorrow, then.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Speaking of numbers....
The number of slanderous comments and/or implications in this post regarding your brother may become an issue next time you hope to ride in his Jeep.
...Not to mention what could happen next time you are on that bridge....