Thursday, November 12, 2015

My Tray Table IS in its Upright and Locked Position

I like the open expanse of the plains beyond the colors and busyness of the trees in the foreground.
















Here is a shot of Chimney Peak through the aspen in the San Juan Mountains near Ridgway.
























Another shot of it from farther up on CO 10 NE of Ridgway.
























Which state has residents most prepared for retirement? Would you guess CA because they are so populous and have a higher overall pay scale? Nope. OK, how about NY? Wrong. It is actually DE. And which is the least prepared? I thought maybe LA, but it is WY. Don't remember which state those abbreviations stand for? Check out all the state abbreviations here.

I have lost count of how many cars the various manufacturers have recalled this year. Were you hit by any of the recalls? Our cars are too old to be impacted. I saw this morning that Rolls-Royce now has a recall going on. However, it won't make much impact on the national totals because they recalled only... one single car. Yes, you read that correctly.

Are you already getting tired of the pre-Thanksgiving bombardment of Black Friday ads (or maybe we should call them Black November)? Jimmy Kimmel has produced an honest Black Friday ad for Sears (as they will remind you, yes, they still exist).

What smartphone do you use (assuming that you are not stuck in the old flip-phone world)? Teacher Daughter just upgraded to the iPhone 6s. It is gigantic. Check out the difference in size. It would not easily fit into a pants pocket, and if I hung it on my belt, I think it would hang down to my knee.
























Mind the Gap. Have you ever heard that phrase? You certainly have if you have ever visited London and ridden on the Tube. Anyway, I saw an article saying that the London Transport Manager has created a Walk the Tube map showing how long it takes to walk between stations above ground. For many stops, it is a quicker walk than the Tube.

Or maybe you could just use your Personal Jetpack to travel between locations? Here is a video of someone using theirs to fly around the Statue of Liberty. I'd be willing to try one (I think).

We have spoken before about how, why you smell or taste something bad, you immediately offer some to those around you. That's crazy, right? And yet, I am sure each of you has done that, and maybe even recently. Anyway, today I am sharing a link about a pie that sounds gross, and so, I am forcing it on you. Licorice Cake with Orange Filling. And as bad as it SOUNDS, the photo they shared is equally disturbing. No thanks. Will you try it?
























This is NOT to imply that any of my projects have frequent changes in requirements, but....












Thursday is well underway, and if we dilly-dally much longer, we'll miss it. Let's go and make it a Thankful Thursday, OK?

No comments: