Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Neat, Sweet, and Petite

You already know (or you should, after ten years of my blog) that I have chorale practice on Tuesday nights. What that means to you is that, sometimes, I do not get around to loading any of my photos from the home computer. So, on Wednesday morning, I arrive at work to finish the blog post and find that I am without personal photos. That happened today. So, first, let me see what photos I have on the work computer from my iPhone that I can share.

OK, from my coveted iPhone Collection(TM), we will start with Lurch. As you can see, I had to go without glasses the whole day, and do a minimum of talking, to accurately portray the character. I even had to put that makeup on my ears.
























When we attended Boo at the Zoo, I had to capture some photos of the lights reflecting in the lagoon (even though they look much the same as ZooLights at Christmas). Still, it shows how well the camera in the iPhone works as they came out pretty nice. They are a bit blurry because I did not have a tripod to hold the phone totally still for nighttime photos.


















Another photo from Boo at the Zoo reminds us of the crazy dance party that the GRANDS wanted to see. Here is Nana with the girls (in orange. I am not sure who the girl with the veil is)..


















Want more photos? I came across some photos from an activity called Urbex. These urban explorers go into abandoned buildings and locales to capture some (usually) pretty cool shots. Let's start with one that people who snuck into Chernobyl found of an abandoned amusement park. It would be interesting, but sneaking into a nuclear waste zone does not sound very wise.
















And here is a shot from a church that I liked (I mean, I liked the photo, not the church).
















Good news! Brisk walks are BETTER at keeping weight off than going to the gym. Well, so says a study by the London School of Economics. Women of all ages and men over 50 who regularly walked for more than 30 minutes were found to weigh less than those who took part in vigorous activities like jogging or cycling. So, let's beat the feet tonight and get our walking routine started.

I came across an interesting talking point this morning. A man in the UK has decided to live with no digital footprint for the next six months. Could you do that? And what does that even imply? Here is what he says he is doing.
"I’m using multiple pay as you go phones (not smartphones), which I’m replacing every four weeks. I have several different laptops, which I use for different things. I pay for everything in cash, which I take out every month from the same cash machine. I buy a daily travel card (in cash). There is still, of course, a digital footprint of sorts, but it’s incredibly difficult to link everything together, and I will be scrambling my IP address and using the laptops only in set locations for specific purposes." Am I concerned at how much of my personal info is online? Sure, a little. Am I worried enough to give up so many modern conveniences? Not right now.

Clarity of Vision today is a classic from 2010.























OK, I've got to ask. What is the best donut shop in your state? I am sure you would have an answer, but let's see what Yahoo thinks. You can find Snickers bar donuts in San Diego. Denver's top shop is called Glazed and Confused. Donut Stop in St. Louis boasts 103 varieties. I thought for sure that Portland's top donut shop would be Voodoo, but Yahoo is choosing Blue Star Donuts. Interesting. In Austin, TX, they recommend that you try one of the “donut entrees” like the Mother Clucker, an outrageous combination of fried chicken, honey butter, and freshly fried dough.
















Thinking of food makes me think of kitchens which makes me think of some good IKEA ideas for improving your kitchen. These shelves could be installed under the existing kitchen bar and give us more space. Who doesn't need more space?
























Yes, you did hear my phone ring. That can only mean one thing. Not really. It could mean a multiplicity of things, but it does mean I have to return to the world of reality and work and end my time with you. I'll be back, though, very soon. It's Wonderful Wednesday. Let's enjoy it.

No comments: