Monday, November 23, 2015

Paul Bunyan and Dick Van Dyke Walked Into a Bar ...

I came across an article on how to chop wood like Paul Bunyan. I had to look just because it is so unusual that anyone I know would split wood anyway, and I had to see how Paul Bunyan did it. Aren't you curious?

Chinese billionaire and art collector Liu Yiqian found a savvy way to accumulate frequent-flier miles. He put his record-breaking purchase of Modigliani’s “Reclining Nude” painting — which he bought at auction for $170 million — on his American Express card. Liu, a former taxi driver, told The New York Times that he charged the painting so that he, his wife, and their extended family of four children and two grandchildren can accumulate Membership Miles and fly around the world for free. Personally, I'm reluctant to even put $170 on any of my cards.

Time for a political commentary by cartoon characters.












Did you know that yesterday was the anniversary of the John F Kennedy assassination in 1963? Do you believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone to kill him, or maybe that he was involved but was not alone, or even that he was totally framed? Of course, we ill likely never know the truth, but this site lists another ten sites that have details about the assassination.

Have you tried Peter Pan Creamy peanut butter? If not, DON'T! This article ranks it as the worst of the worst. And while Simply Jif is advertised as healthier, it is still one of the options to avoid.





















Moving to the best peanut butters, Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Chunky is very near the top, as is MaraNatha Organic Peanut Butter Creamy. The best is... not revealed here. You know my policy.

Would you be more or less likely to frequent a business whose name is a pun? You know, names like Hannah and Her Scissors or Lord of the Wingz or Souper Girl or Burgatory? Well, atlasobscura.com has given us a map where you can research businesses with clever names right in your own state. However, I am still not going to The Codfather.














I clicked through to an article telling things I did not know about The Dick Van Dyke Show. Well, I did know those facts, but the article included a photo showing the audience at a filming, and I thought how amazing it is that TV shows make it look like people are in a room, but there is that missing fourth wall so they can film.















I have been looking everywhere for a chicken dish that takes 8 hours to prepare. Actually, this slow cooker dish does take eight hours to cook, but only ten minutes of preparation is required. How does Crock Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken sound? If it sounds too sweet (and it does to me), I am sure we could reduce the amount of brown sugar in the recipe. Maybe I will try it sometime now that I have included a link to the recipe for future reference. I found the recipe because I came across a link that claimed it offered A Year of Slow-Cooking. Actually, it contains 52 slow cooker recipes, so it is only a year's worth of recipes if you eat the same dish for a week at a time.

I think it is time to do some work now. What about you? Ready to earn your paycheck? Plus, I need to decide about my 2016 health care coverage before the end of the day. You know what I am about to say now, right? Have a Magnificent Monday.

No comments: