Tuesday, August 25, 2015

RIP, Aunt Kay

Wondering what the weirdest law is for each state? Wonder no more. This article shares them. As a teaser, I will tell you that exploding golf balls are illegal in MA.

Speaking of states, let's check out a little bit about how the Manifest Destiny impacted the population centers of the country. You can link to the interactive gif, or check out some screen shots of different years here. I will share a screenshot (not interactive. The slider does not work) of 2010 because it shows that 3 cities in TX and 3 in CA are now in the Top 10.


















What can you do with WD-40 beside lubricate things? Use it instead of PAM when you cook? Nope, that's not an option. Spray it out of your mouth over a match and launch a fireball? I don't think so. Use it to clean scuff marks? Indeed, you can. And a few more things, too.

Do NOT watch this unless you can handle a fairly realistic looking disembodied hand. It is amazing. I had to watch it twice to really appreciate how well done it was.

Do NOT read this article talking about how we can stay in better shape as we age. It will just depress you because you are probably not doing it. I know that I am not. I do need to step it up and I know that. Maybe this week.

One reason I need to stay in the best shape I can was made obvious this past week as MBH's sister, Kay, passed away on Saturday. She had a heart attack on Thursday morning and was alert enough to call 911. When we arrived Friday evening, she was sedated and resting. They measured no significant brain activity on Friday and her son made the choice to make her DNR if another heart attack happened. It did on Saturday morning and she went home to be with the Lord. We will go back over for her funeral next week. RIP, Aunt Kay. I'll share more about her on another day.



















I know that heredity, diet and exercise all play a part in my overall health, but I would think that making better choices in each of them should help. That is one of the reasons I went vegan a couple of years ago and am still 50%+ plant-based eating now. So, if I can just ramp up the exercise....

Another outcome of Aunt Kay's passing is we have a renewed emphasis on making sure that our legal documents are available for the kids if we pass away. Will, living trust, living will, mortgage docs, retirement accounts, car and house titles, etc. Do you know where all your stuff is?

This next story has a huge chart that I had to split into two parts. The first are shows whose finale rated better or even with their average ratings for the show. The second includes those shows whose finale ratings fell. You can see that Glee did great by bringing back everyone for a send-off. Dexter stunk up the airwaves. You are, of course, free to rank them in your own order. And before you check, it does not go back to the M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart days.



































Time's up, especially since I have been away for a couple of days. I have to get ready for my 8am call. Have a Tremendous Tuesday.

No comments: