Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fighting the Urge to Skip Today's Post

Do you ever look at stories about 'hacks'? You know, where the item being discussed is presented or reinvented in new ways? Would you look at a story about pizza hacks? I did? I saw pizza muffins, waffles, roll-ups, even bread pudding. And there are several more options. Check them out and enjoy that leftover pizza.

I know that you have heard the news of Disney building a Star Wars-themed area in their parks in Anaheim and Orlando. Not many details have been published just yet, but you can read the ones that have here.

So, now that I have you thinking about space operas, which ship do you think would be the fastest in the universe? The Millenium Falcon? Thunderbird 3 from Thunderbirds? Apollo 11? Tie fighters? USS Enterprise? The Tardis from Dr. Who? Well, look at the chart and you can compare all of these and many more.

In a totally unexpected and wacky move, let's have the CoV comic appear up front today.












I saw that Preacher Bro liked yesterday's story. No wonder, since as a preacher, no one ever steals his seat. Today, let look at a tale of a dude who may or may not be a scofflaw.
A game warden spotted a man leaving a late carrying two buckets of fish. "Excuse me," he asked. "Do you have a license to catch those fish?" The man said: "No, but you don't understand, sir. These are my pet fish." "Pet fish?" replied the warden incredulously. "Yes, sir. Every night I take these fish down to the lake and let them swim around for a while. Then I whistle and they jump back into their buckets, and I take them home." "I've never heard such nonsense," said the warden. "Fish can't do that!"

The man thought for a second before suggesting: "If you don't believe me, I'll show you." "I can't wait to see this!" said the warden mockingly. So the man poured the fish into the lake and stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to him and said: "Well?" "Well what?" asked the man. "When are you going to call them back?" "Call who back?" "The fish!" snapped the warden. "What fish?"

Is it warm where you are? I saw a report that the whole of the country is experiencing higher-than-average temperatures. That should make this shot of Ironton, CO, either bittersweet or soothing.
























How about a nice warm fire right now? Of course, in CA, they've got way too many fires going already.
















Well, if cool weather images aren't capturing your interest, maybe you would rather see a scene famous for Westerns and hot weather.
















Before we say Buh Bye to photos, let's look at one of my inspiration photos. A shot of the Grand Canyon by Ansel Adams.

















Some days, there are so many articles I see to share, and some days (I think it's been 3-4 days without much good stuff), not so much. I did find this paragraph in an old email still hanging around (since Sept, 2003!).
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

How did you do deciphering it? I felt it was surprisingly easy. Isn't it amazing how our minds work?

Some of you watch UFC fights. I haven't seen any, but I do see headlines about them often. Today's headline asked who would win if UFC fighters took on Marine Corps martial-arts experts. Who would you guess? I did not watch the accompanying video. I just read the text, but if you are into this sort of stuff, check it all out.

Have you ever wondered at the gosh-darned vulnerability of people back in the Old West buying 'snake oil' products? In our modern, sophisticated world, we would never be that gullible, right? Hold on one second. I need to take my pills. Let's see. ColdBeGone. Echinacea. Elder Berry. OK, as I was saying, nowadays, we have access to all sorts of information that can tell us if a product is worth buying. What if the company doesn't document the ingredients of a pill or liquid? Would you buy it? Well, the government just shut down a company doing exactly that. This company sold over 200 supplements. Maybe people haven't changed that much in 150 years, huh?

Let's see if you are gullible enough to believe that I am going to end today's blog post right now. Did you believe it? OK, what about now?

No comments: