Monday, August 17, 2015

No Mo' MoMo

Are any of you readers under 40? Maybe Andrew Hamilton could pose as an example of achieving your goals. He went after the record of scaling all 58 of Colorado's peaks over 14,000 ft. He made it in less than 10 days, cutting over 24 hrs off the previous record holder. Luckily, I am over 40, so I can just read about it and not worry about actually wanting to do it.

Are any of you readers homeowners? If you are, then maybe you have a wall around your backyard that is unsightly. Here is a way to use an IKEA product to improve the look of your fence.


















Any of you readers pet owners? Even if you are not now, it is likely that there was a pet in your family at some point in your upbringing. You will doubtless understand the sorrow we felt at having to put down our schnauzer, Morris, this past Saturday. He had been sick with a liver ailment for a while, and had been losing weight for months, but we just knew this weekend that it was time. I have a photo below, but not the one I was looking for. I guess I never posted it. Here is one with Morris, Molly, and the family at a local park. I think my daughter started it, but the grandkids mostly called him 'MoMo'. RIP, Morris.
























Let's lighten the mood a bit. I have mentioned before that, in our multi-church choir concerts, the director tells stories, Bible verses and jokes between songs. Here is one of the stories that always gets a laugh.
A lady sat in my seat in church just the other day. She’s a very nice person. In fact, she’s a good friend. And I can easily sit somewhere else. No big deal.

But I like my seat. It’s on the right just as you enter the church sanctuary. It’s nice because I can rest my arm on the end. It’s a good seat, but I wouldn’t raise a fuss over something as unimportant as a seat, and I never hold a grudge.

Actually, it was just three months ago she took my seat and I have no idea why. I’ve never done anything to her. I’ve never taken her seat, or anything that belonged to her. And now I suppose I’ll have to come to church an hour early just to get my seat.

You know, I think she took it deliberately, because it’s one of the best seats in the house. And she had no business taking it, and I don’t see why I should have to go to church two hours early just to get what’s rightfully mine!

This is the way great social injustices begin: inconsiderate people taking other people’s seats! That’s how revolutions start. A person can only take so much, you know. And what I want to know is: Where’s it all going to end? If someone doesn’t do something about it, nobody’s seat will be safe. People will sit wherever they feel like, and next, they’ll be taking my parking place, then my home.

I am not seeing anything in Yahoo or social media for sharing today.  So, I will just share a Clarity of Vision and jump into work.












Make it marvelous today, my friends. We can scour the interweb together again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Thanks for the "church seat" story. And thanks for the CoV—it was hilarious!