Friday, August 21, 2015

Pray for Aunt Kay, OK?

Let's start today's blog post with a call to prayer. MBH's sister is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. We don't know the severity yet, but are heading over this afternoon to be with her and the family. We were notified yesterday and I think that no news from overnight is a good sign. So, let's all pray for wisdom for the healthcare workers, strength and recovery for her, and patience for the family as we come together with Aunt Kay.

If the Mythbusters say something, I have to agree with them. Am I right or am I right? I found out that they tested whether it was safer to talk on a cell phone while driving holding the phone or talking hands-free. Which do you think they picked? No spoilers here. You'll have to read about it.

What would the states look like if they were sized according to their population? Hint: the coastal states pretty much win.

















The above map looks kind of like a ceramic tile piece. Do you have tiles at home? Is the grout looking pretty yucky? Ours is. Probably I could use some guidance on the best way to clean it. Unbelievably, this article talks about several ways the author tried and what worked best for him.

And speaking of maps, remember these old maps that showed places of interest in each state. I wonder how many I have visited in the states where I have lived or vacationed?













A guy built his own control panel because...why not? You can see an image of it below. He's got buttons and switches and sliders. Some launch apps like Photoshop and After Effects and iTunes. Some launch video clips from Hitchhiker's Guide and Firefly. Some play sound effects. You can see much more here, but be warned there is some offensive language involved.


















Could you name states if all you could see was the last three letters of the name? In three minutes? I got 87%. See how you do.

Beer is not really my cup of tea. A beer made from Count Chocula is even less inviting. What about you? Do you like beer? Do you like flavored beers like made from chocolate or honey?

Apple is moving iPods to the “accessory” racks in its stores. I didn't even know they were still for sale. Would you spend money on one nowadays? If you have a smartphone, isn't that the place where you would carry your music? Otherwise, you are carrying around two devices.

Look at this story lede and tell me if you agree. Can everything be explained away with no blame placed on the person? Regardless of what they are thinking, it IS a choice of acting on it. And it IS disgusting. BTW, no, I did not click on the link for the story.





OK, COV and then, I am finished.












Have a great weekend. And keep praying. Thanks.

No comments: