Friday, August 07, 2015

Hunger is the Best Pickle

What does the title mean? It is a Poor Richard's Almanac quote from Benjamin Franklin back in the 18th century. It came to mind because I am about to talk about Pickleball. I will let you debate what he meant by that. I say debate because I am about to mention last night's televised presidential candidate debate.

Near the yellow flowers I shared the other day was a group of purple ones that caught my attention. I put on the 300mm lens and captured this shot.


















Near the restaurant we ate at for our main anniversary meal was a bunch of Pickleball courts.


















And here is a sign explaining that it is "a combination of tennis and badminton". As you can see from the above shot, though, the courts are much smaller. I would like to try it sometime. Who is with me?


















How many flavors of Oreo cookies are there now? 10? 15? only 8? What do you think? Actually, there are 25. So, thrillist.com ranked them for us, so we don't have to. Spoiler alert: Berry came in at #25.I guessed original Oreos would win, but they only placed #17. Find out who won here. Of course, YMMV.

How many times has Disneyland closed in it's 60 year history? What would you guess? The answer is three. Those times included the national day of mourning for John F. Kennedy, the Northridge earthquake in 1994, and 9/11. How did you do? I think I would have gotten 2 of the 3.

Spotted on a school sign in Dallas, GA. I don't notice anything wrong. Do you?
























Do you like the look of built-in cabinets? What if you could achieve the same classic look starting from standard IKEA bookshelves? The photos in the article tell you how to get there in your own home.


















I know you are wondering...was our anniversary evening anything like I depicted in yesterday's Clarity of Vision? I was pretty close, although they got home earlier than I predicted. However, we had already know MBH would be busy that day and that had prompted our decision to have our anniversary trip before school restarted.

At the risk of spoiling the video for you, I have to share what family Feud host Steve Harvey calls the "best...answer...ever".
In a recent episode or Family Feud, Steve Harvey got what he declared as the best answer he’s heard while he’s been the show’s host. He told a contestant, “Rob, tell me something a farmer’s wife might accuse him of caring more about than her.” To which Rob replied, “His… hoe?”

Harvey doubled over with laughter and said, “I kid you not, I couldn’t have written a joke better than that… That was the best damn answer I’ve ever heard as the host of Family Feud.”

I am all for multi-tasking, but I don't think I am ready to start cooking meals in the dishwasher. Brandi at Yahoo cooked shrimp, green beans, couscous, and a berry compote in her work dishwasher and it looked good. Still, I think I will let one of you try it first and report back how successful it was.

Who won the Republican presidential debate last night? I, for one, do not care yet. We won't have a say in who the candidate is, so right now, this is all for show and Trump is making the most of it. No, I don't think the party will choose him, but he makes for good water-cooler talk. The Democrat's debate comes up in October.

One more thing before we end this week.












And that wraps it up for this first full week of August. Have a great weekend and let's come back on Monday ready for a wonderful week.

No comments: