Friday, August 28, 2015

It's My Friday (But You Can Use It, Too)

This photo is not mine. I had to study it to make sure it was even really a photograph. I found it in this article about Landscape Photographers of the Year. What do you think? Isn't that cool and a half?


















What about this one? I like the deep monochromatic look of this.I saw a scene similar one year near Yosemite and tried to capture it, but it looked nothing like this.


















Again, the monochromatic look drew my eye to these aspens in snow.




















Pancakes in the microwave? Apparently. Smoothie made the night before so you don't have to fire up your blender at 6am? So it seems. Scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese in 2 minutes Sure, if that's your breakfast of choice. Oh, all of these recipes require a Mason jar. You've got one begging to be used, right?

Let's keep going with the political theme in today's Clarity of Vision.












Do you like the speed of roller coasters? I like California Screamin' at California Adventure in Anaheim, CA. It launches from zero to 55mph in 4 seconds. However, Consumer Reports tested a car that goes from zero to 60mph in 3.5 seconds. It also broke their rating scale, coming in at 103 in a 100 point scale. Unfortunately, it costs over a $125K. What car is it? Read the article yourself, you freeloader.

What NFL jersey sells best in your state? Can you guess without looking at the image? I guessed my state correctly.












Raise your hand if you were just cogitating on how powerful neural networks have become. How many of you just raised your hand? No one? Someone had the idea to run the opening credits of Star Trek: The Next Generation through an image recognition neural network. It did not do so good. Spoiler alert: there are no waffle irons in the credits.

Why, yes! I do have some aluminum foil sitting around the house that rarely gets used. Why, yes! I would like to know what other uses foil has. Sharpening scissors, you say? Use it as a funnel? An ironing assistant? And more?

I decided to evaluate the story thumbnails offered on the front page of yahoo.com:
85 total stories
6 stories about New Orleans
5 stories on the election and candidates
5 stories around the journalist killings in VA
1 story about singing Smelly Cat

Well, I see nothing else that looks like fodder for today's post. Let's go ahead and start our weekend, OK? See you next week.

No comments: