Monday, August 31, 2015

A Sad Time for MBH This Week

I will be away for a couple of days attending a funeral for my sister-in-law, Kay. It is extremely unlikely that I will create a blog post during those days. So, be aware that I will probably post again on Friday, OK?

Do you like peanut butter? Whether you do or are allergic to it, there are other nut butter alternatives. Some of these are also tweaked with other flavors to make new options for your nutty cravings. Check out this article and it accompanying video to see how several of them rate.

Now these items, I do think could have been written or said by children:
Adam & Eve were created from an apple tree.
Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark.
Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night.

Did I already tell you about the article on America's scariest road? If so, ignore this paragraph. If I have not done so, or if I have and you just forgot about it, read on. They say it is a road in central Colorado. Apparently, to them, it has to do with hairpin turns and no guardrails. I have been there, and I think I drove it last time. Well, if you are curious and don't recognize it from the photo below, go here and all shall be revealed.


















Now that we have been talking about cars, it is time to reveal what the top car (in terms of sales) is for each state. Spoiler alert: Nissan Leaf for Washington and Georgia. The others are in the Esquire article.

Have you ever gone on a site like tripadvisor.com and entered a review of anything? You know. like a hotel or a hike or a famous landmark? Would you write only positive reviews, or only negative, or just tell about your experience either way? Some people seemed to find the dark cloud in place most see only sunshine. For example, one person said of the Great Wall of China, "if bricks are your thing you may or may not enjoy this (I didn’t), if bricks and walls are not your thing best to avoid, if you can, too big." Read about all these Negative Nancys in this article.

Then again, maybe it is only these people that are willing to speak the truth about famous landmarks? Here's a question for you. What is truth?












You all know that there are 50 states...right now. Wait. What did I just say? Right now? It seems that some in the Great State of Texas want to split off and become a sovereign nation...again. What do you think of that? Supporters are comparing it to Scotland trying to leave the United Kingdom. I don't think I like the idea, but what do you think?

I have limited time this week, so I cannot dilly nor can I dally. I have some stuff to finish so today can get underway. Go have one more cup of coffee and then get your day started, too. Talk again later in the week? OK?

No comments: