Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Peanuts and Donuts

I remember Peanuts TV specials when they were new. This is not to comment about me being old (although I am), but more about the younger generations not having the same nostalgia for Peanuts that I do. It seems there is a new movie featuring the characters to try and win new fans. I am not going to tell you the name of the Peanuts movie. Here is the movie poster.
























And in the theaters, there is a 3D display that invites younger audience members to be part of the scene. Here is our youngest GRAND joining Snoopy and Charlie Brown.


















Speaking of grandchildren, here are a couple of quotes from them about grandparents:
Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend tine with us.

They know we should have a snack before bedtime, and they say prayers and kiss us even when we've acted bad.

When I say Carpenters, I am not talking about people who make their living working with wood, nor about a certain species of ant, nor even about Jesus. I am talking about a singing group from the 70s and 80s. A brother and sister act. Anyway, a song that they sang, but not many people remember, is Intermission. Do you remember that song? Listen right now. It only takes one and one half minutes. You will not forget it, especially if you have to go to the bathroom.

It is that time of year again when Lay's test new flavors of chips and chooses one to add to their offerings. Last year's flavors were Cappuccino, Bacon Mac & Cheese, Wavy Mango Salsa, and Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger, and the Wasabi Ginger won. Yahoo tried out this year's flavors, but they don't know what they are for sure. See their guesses and preferences in this link. They think one of them is sushi. Weird, right?

You want weird?












Not tired of reading yet? Check out the search for Joan of Shark. Shark Week is coming, y'all.

I tend to do most serious searches on my laptop and not my smartphone. Looking for cars is one example. Looking for flights is another. For those of you that are more tied to your phone for everything, even web surfing and searches, I found an article about the best apps for finding cheap flights. What wins? Well, it depends on which search parameters you are using.

Don't forget that Friday, July 10, is Krispy Kreme's birthday. If you buy one dozen donuts, you get a second dozen for 78 cents. Also don't forget that those donuts are really sweet, so take them to you office to share, and give a couple to that dude that always gets the promotions. Let him clog HIS arteries and you can then move up. Not that I would do that, of course.

15 action movie mistakes. I like reading about those types of continuity errors. How about you? Dead bodies disappearing. Clothing different between shots, etc.

I have already been jumping between blog writing and email writing. We have a minor crisis around our project right now, so I need to get going. I'll be back. That's just a promise, not a threat.

No comments: