Thursday, July 09, 2015

Can Bubble Wrap Protect Dallas From Aliens?

Here we are in the midst of a long, hot summer. So, as I was looking for interesting stuff to share today, I came across a couple of shot from a few years ago of NH in the Fall. First is a shot I made Dad stop the car so I could capture. We don't have these kinds of Fall color in my little town.
























And then a photo MBH took of me getting back in the car after catching the shot of the road above. Yes, that dark hair is mine.
























Wait. Was Dallas really featured in the last War of the Worlds movie? No? Then where did these photos come from? Read this article in DIYPhotography and you can find out the whole story and see more photos including the original ones that he built upon.























Have you heard of the Preacher Chuck Swindoll? We went to hear him once when he was in Fullerton, CA, Now, he is over near Dallas (hmm. Was his church destroyed by aliens in War of the Worlds?) at Stonebriar Community Church. Anyway, when I looked at their website, I noticed that there are 59 people listed under Staff and Elders. I think that is more people than attend our local church. That is a huge staff, right? Of course, they have an estimated 20,000 members, so you'd need a large staff to support them. Preacher Bro, I imagine your church is getting just about that big now, isn't it?

I have never ordered a roll of bubble wrap. Have you? Well, this person did and when it arrived, it was safely surrounded by craft paper to keep the bubble wrap safe during shipment. Whew! I don't know if any of the bubbles were popped. And this is closely akin to the 2012 story where bubble wrap was wrapped in ... wait for it .. bubble wrap. Actually, one reader did post a plausible explanation. "It’s so the roll of bubble wrap doesn’t shift in the box, and potentially get the box stuck on a conveyor belt incline, by it continuously rolling backward. Also, the big air packs fill the space in the box, allowing for more weight to be put on the box without the box deforming."

Would you support a plan to let graduating high school seniors in your state get free tuition to local community colleges? Oregon decided it was a good investment for the future, and it should help reduce the education debt that many of them would otherwise incur. It doesn't cover 100% but sound intriguing. Tennessee has a similar program.

I am not finding much to share this morning, so let's not waste any more of our time. well, let's waste just one minute more while we read today's Clarity of Vision comic.












OK, I am out tomorrow, so check back when we start a new workweek.

1 comment:

Keith said...

No, CrazyUncle, we're not quite that large yet. But if I start using that new inner city translation of the Bible, we'll probably get there soon!