Monday, July 27, 2015

Painting and Pen and Ink and Programs

I did not find any personal photos that I haven't shared yes, so it's time for the "which art do you like most?" quiz. Personally, I would choose #1, and then, #2.
























Have you seen the story about the street cleaner and the street painter? I will share several of the photos that tell the tale. You will have to go to the story to see all the photos, but it is worth going through to the end. One of them concedes.



















I have always like a nice pen-and-ink drawing. I remember that someone once gave a friend in Mexico a nice drawing of the entry to their house as a housewarming gift. It was a little bit like these in that it was only on part of the paper, leaving the majority of it blank, really pulling the eye to the details of the drawing.




















Do you remember a TV program called The Beverly Hillbillies? They lived in a gorgeous mansion in Beverly Hills, and the external scenes were shot at a real house. The Kirkeby Mansion is located at 750 Bel Air Drive in the Bel Air neighborhood. And one time in the fifth season, John Wayne appeared on the program, and his only compensation was a fifth of bourbon. More factoids here.

Work is intruding on our time again, and I can only ignore it for so long. Let's CoV it and get busy.

Have a magnificent Monday.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I'm going to have to vote for #1 and #2 as well.