Friday, July 24, 2015

Lots of Sizes Mentioned Today

Do you know the names of all the continents? In alphabetical order, they are Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America. How did you do? I missed Australia. Anyway, I saw an infographic the other day depicting how large Africa really is.






















OK, since you looked at that last map, I have one for you that's really far out. Far out in space, that is. A map of Mars built from images sent by the Rover.












Do you like the musical Les Miserables? I do, although maybe not as much as our oldest GRAND. Do you like parodies of Les Miserables? Some are very clever. We found one by the Sesame Street characters called Les Mousserables. They did a good job of it.

I don't think that I shared the photos from last month's page in my Ouray calendar. First is a shot of some mine parts rusting in the mountains above Silverton, CO.


















And the next is conveniently labeled for your viewing pleasure.


















Has anyone besides me noticed that computers have gotten smaller over the years? I suppose you can guess that the answer is yes. Here is a brief reminder.













Now, Intel has released the world's smallest Windows computer, the Intel Compute Stick.
















It plugs in the HDMI slot on your TV or monitor. You can read the pluses and minuses in this article.

I have run out of material for the week. Let's close today with a reminder of why John Rambo, the Sylvester Stallone character from the 80s, would be a good role model for project managers.












Alright, alright, alright. Y'all have a great weekend and a Fabulous Friday.

No comments: