Monday, May 11, 2015

Want Catsup With That?

Have you ever considered a career in calligraphy? Even if you have, watch the video of this guy drawing some famous logos freehand.

One thing I DID NOT give my mother for Mother's Day:















One thing I MIGHT HAVE given my mother for Mother's Day:




















Have you ever heard of Mt. Helix  in San Diego? I hadn't until our last trip there. One of our nieces told us about it, so we had to check it out. The story is best told through pictures. First is the dedication plaque for the amphitheater up on top.
























And the lovely view from the summit. I did not realize there was any mountain (hill?) near San Diego (yes, there are some as you move East, but this was very convenient to the harbor).
















Here's a shot of the folks waiting patiently in the theater seating as I wandered around looking for good shots and checking out the place.
























And right on top of Mt. Helix is this large cross.
























So, it seems American Idol will end next season after 15 seasons. Do you care anymore? And X-Files returns next January. Do you care about Mulder and Scully anymore? But Gordon Ramsay will keep on cooking and swearing. Does anybody care?

Are you a coffee drinker? No, that's too broad. Are you are Starbucks coffee addict? If not, can they tempt you with a new mini-Frap? You know, maybe the Tall is just too...tall? Well, you have that option for the next two months. Those are a little too sweet for me.

Have you ever dreamed of having a job with no boss? Zappos, the online shoe retailer, just implemented Holacracy, in which traditional corporate rankings are ousted in favor of self-governed teams. When they decided to try this, the CEO offered them three months severance if they decided to leave because they didn’t like the new system. Almost 14% of the company took him up on the offer. Maybe it is not the idealistic paradise you wish for?

I am not finding much to share, so let's look at today's Clarity of Vision and then get to work. I had an idea the other day for internet connected socks, but I couldn't decide what the final panel should say. I came up with an idea last night, so here we go.












Is that true? Is the government tracking us using our socks? I must plead the Fifth on that. Is it time to get to work on this Marvelous Monday. I can say "Yes" to that. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Holy Mackerel! That calligraphist is amazing!