Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday's Ton of Trivial Topics

Here is a lovely shot of my lovely MBH at lovely Mt. Helix in lovely San Diego.
























And here she is chilling in Seaport Village later in the day while I walk around looking for shots. I caught her by taking a photo in the other direction then turning around to where she waited. We did not buy one of those hammocks, although it did look quite comfy.
























Looking across San Diego Bay, I watched this sailboat for a photo with the sun behind it, but it was not crossing at the right time. Still, by filtering the shot with a cutout and simplifying the color palette, I can kind of make you see the shot as I was intending. As Ansel Adams said, "Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships."
























How about a couple of DIY Fails? You can see a few more here. Here's a tree... in the middle of the driveway.


















When they asked for "tiles" on the roof, they got them.

















I am in the mood for a little guitar music. You can join me, if you wish. First up, Hungarian Dance #5. Yes, you do, too, know this song. Maybe you'd prefer some Beatles? If you want to more about the artist, he did a TED Talk in his native Australia.

Here's a quote from an article on homezada.com about conserving water. "Did you know that on average 2.5 gallons of water are used every minute when taking a shower? If you take a 10 minute shower that is 12.5 gallons of water." Does anything strike you as odd about that quote? No? If you use 2.5 gallons per minute and your shower lasts 10 minutes, it is NOT 12.5 gallons. It is 25 gallons. Now, do you trust that article to give you accurate tips? Exactly.

Now this sounds interesting. A TV show about a guy who played a lawyer on TV coming home to join the real family law practice. The Grinder coming to Fax this fall.

I saw these two stories juxtaposed on Yahoo this morning. Notice that they used a current picture of Burt Reynolds, but a 30-year-old shot of Bo Derek.












Check out this shot. A delicious Kale, Egg White and Sausage Bowl. It is NOT from our regular breakfast brunch place. It is a new test dish from McDonald's. Get out! I know it, but it's true. Read what this reporter and coworkers thought of it.
















When I was looking through ideas for today's CoV, I decided to continue yesterday's internet-connected socks theme. Yeah, I was surprised I had anything else to say about it, also.












As you saw above, I did find some stuff to share today. Whether that makes you happy or sad, I don't want to know. If you made it this far, though, I am impressed. Have a Totally Terrific Tuesday. Toodles.

No comments: