Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

























I created this cartoon early this morning (maybe 7:30am), but then got busy and never posted it. however, I felt tomorrow was too late for the timeliness of the message. So, thanks to all veterans and especially those who gave their lives to protect our freedoms. I have had a number of family members in armed services, but only one was killed in battle (that I know of). My uncle Clyde was killed on the USS Ticonderoga by a Japanese kamikaze pilot during WWII (before I was born). A few years ago, we went to Ft. Ticonderoga with my folks and we found a memorial where his name was mentioned. It was cool.

And at work, HR planted 10,000 flags in this shape. I took this shot out a window on the 6th floor.


















Did you know that Darrell Hammond is the SNL cast member who appeared on the show the longest? He made it 14 years, and rejoined as the announcer last year.

Which do you think are the best military movies? Here's the list I found on Yahoo today. Surprisingly, no John Wayne movies are in the list.

I have been working most of the day. I took this quick break to share today's CoV, but now, I need to finish a deliverable before tomorrow at 8:30am, so let me do a bit more. You go and finish the holiday...no, don't worry about me.

No comments: