Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Post-Holiday Working Blues

Go take a look , if you haven't already. I did put up a small post yesterday.

In the last few years, we have tried to capture at least one photo of our feet enjoying our vacation. This particular hotel room had a very high railing. So, we had to hold our feet in the middle.
















While we were in the gift shop at the lighthouse, I saw this book.
















I could not believe they had a book proclaiming the good things about herpes? Once I glanced at the title and noticed the drawings on the cover, I realized it was about herpetology. What did you see at first?

And a nice shot of the folks looking out over the ocean with the lighthouse behind them. They end up doing this a lot when they are on vacation with me and I am taking photo after photo.
















How was your holiday? Ours was nice and quiet. We had BBQ for lunch and leftovers for dinner. Do either of those make you hungry? If so, maybe you can whip up some cinnamon rolls from pizza dough. Now THAT should have made you hungry.

I saw this black-and-white of a staircase...




















and it made me wonder if the lighthouse staircase I shared the other day would work better in B&W. What do you think?
















Do you have a gallery wall? You know, like the photo below, where all the photos are grouped in a pleasing arrangement? If so, I hope you hung it at the right height. Here's what I read today, "Treat a gallery wall as one big piece of art. The central pieces should hang 57” on center; arrange the rest around them. As a general rule, keep art “about 5 to 6 inches from the edge of furniture or windows.” Did you already know that?

Also remember “Don’t be afraid to mix photos, original art, and kids pieces. You can unify the look by selecting one frame type for all pieces. In fact, there’s tons of different unifiers you can utilize, say, theme, color, type of media, etc. Just remember that going too matchy-matchy reads a little catalogue-y or just too basic."
























I worked on both Saturday and Sunday to finish one deliverable, and then still had to work yesterday on another. It is close, but not finished, so I need to get busy. Let's go ahead and look at today's CoV.












I'm ready to go back to work. Perhaps 'ready' is too strong a word. I am prepared to get to work. Nope, wrong word again. I know. I am resigned that I must do some work. Now THAT is true. See you in 24.

No comments: