Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Both Trek News AND Wars News

Did you hear that Grace Lee Whitney, who played Yeoman Janice Rand in the first eight episodes of the original "Star Trek" series, has died? She was 85. Just like with all TV series, though, she is frozen in time at age 30-ish.

In honor of yesterday, I have more Star Wars-related stories. Read the interesting anecdotes about them filming the scene in the trash compactor. And check out these deleted scenes form the original trilogy. And if you are patient enough, you could put yourself into one of the movies using After Effects and Photoshop.

Who's been frantically searching for potato chip nachos? Don't everyone react at once. It looks like you will soon find them at Taco Bell. For now, though, they are only being tested in a few markets.

We had dinner at Chipotle last night. I got the Sofritos (as I usually do) and we added guacamole. Then, when we got home, I saw this article showing that Chipotle has released their recipe. For me, though, even in the store, it needs a bit (more like a lot) more kick. It is too bland.

You know, we went to San Diego last weekend. On the way, we pass through Imperial Dunes, CA. One day, I need to get over there and take some sand dune shots. Here is a inspiration shot I found on 500px.com.
















And while I was searching, I came across this nice black and white of a boat beside a river. I have a shot of boats on the shore near a lake that could maybe do with a B&W treatment.
















Earlier, we looked at links about Star Trek and Star Wars. What about the REAL space program? I found a link for the Lunar Rover User Manual. You know, in case you pick one up at a garage sale.

Someone turned carlyfiorina.org into a reminder of all the people she laid off. The presidential hopeful cut 30,000 staff during her time as head of HP.

Did you hear about the crazy bus driver in El Mirage, AZ who wouldn't let the kids off the bus until they behaved? I think we can all see who was exhibiting the really bad behavior.












Are you thinking about the 2016 general election yet? Lots of people are.










What is the longest running scripted shot on television right now? Who wants two more years of it? Apparently, we all do, since The Simpsons has been renewed for its 27th and 28th seasons. D'Oh!

What? It was never a dress?

I am unlikely to read the book (instead of unlikely, I actually mean I will not be reading the book), but this article describing some of the key points is interesting. I did read it, and you will enjoy it, also.

Who among us has not wondered what Enter Sandman would sound like backwards? And then, what it would sound like if you played the backwards recording forward? Confused? Read the article and watch both videos.

I am heading over to a coworkers desk for some reason. Well, he has a reason for calling me over, but I don't know what it is. I will be back in 23 hours or so and we can have more fun then. Remember, have a Titanic Tuesday (meaning really good, not ship-crashingly bad).

No comments: