Friday, May 01, 2015

My 3-1/2 Day Workweek is Over

I know that you remember I was out on Monday on vacation. Did you notice there was no blog post yesterday? I had to drive Dad to his cataract surgery. All went well and I will check on his progress later today. I did work in the afternoon, but that is too late for a post, so I just skipped yesterday. Today is May Day, and I knew you would miss me if I didn't have a new post two days in a row, so let's get going.

I found a Groupon to buy a canvas photo for $16 or two for $31. I had been deciding how to present this shot of aspen trunks. So, what do you think of making it a diptych as seen below? I like it.
















Here is the wedding venue with Hotel del Coronado in the background.
















Here is the happy married couple, also using the Hotel del as a backdrop.
























I heard that Hulu signed a deal for streaming rights to every episode of ‘Seinfeld’. To broadcast these 180 episodes, they paid $180 million. It must be extraordinarily profitable to pay $1 million per episode.

Have you been to someone's house and seen an old book folded so that the pages form a design of some type? I came across a tutorial that gives some nicely detailed steps on making one of your own.
























I remember Sunset Magazine from my youth. I did not know they were still around, and maybe they're not, but they are online. One of the things Sunset shares on their site is how to make perfect French toast. It might involve stale bread, yogurt, flour, and the other usual ingredients for French toast. Watch a little video and you'll know the secrets, too.

Would you rather have French toast as a muffin? I read about that option, too

Do you recognize this man? Yes, he's...the most interesting man in the world. Is he Mexican? Is he really interesting? Watch this and find out.

And now, from THE 365 STUPIDEST THINGS EVER SAID 2015 PAGE-A-DAY CALENDAR, comes this startling link between Karl Marx and wine:
Marx had the feeling that the working class was going to rise up and destroy the beaujolais.
on a college term paper, Western University, London, Ontario

I am glad my car doesn't have a sound it makes when I back up. Hmm, what if everything that backed up had to have that sound?












I just learned something totally amazing. Sure, I have said similar things before, but this is a surprising fact that I had never heard before, and I know a fair bit of trivia. During the opening credits of the first season of Gilligan's Island, you can see a flag at half-mast in the background. Can you guess why? The show's pilot finished filming on Nov. 22, 1963, which is the day President Kennedy was assassinated. The program was cancelled to make room for Gunsmoke. You can learn more facts about Gilligan's Island here.

I will be back on Monday with more news and humor and links. Be sure to drop by because it is STAR WARS DAY! I imagine many of my readers know why, but I will tell you on Monday. TTFN.

No comments: