Friday, May 08, 2015

A Bucolic Look at Flowers and Cars and Kitties

How about some lovely flower shots today? It's Friday, so I want to get you into a weekend-kinda mood. This first photo is unusual in that it is not clear. Well, let me be clear, the grass and flower in the back are the point of focus. The closer ones are blurry. Either I focused poorly or wind took the closer objects out of focus. Usually, I would not share this photo, but I was curious about what happened, just like you.
















These next two are close and closer shots of the same flower. I wanted to like the close-up more, but the shadows from the direct sunlight make it less impactful. So, the wider shot wins.

















The orange flowers came out nice. It looks like there might have been shade by then so the flower has the same degree of color and light. And these had a few water drops on them, which I feel makes it more interesting.
























I saw the word "bucolic" in the story link shown below and it reminded me of a story I am sure I have shared before. Yes, I see that we talked about it in November of 2007. A bunch of us were 4-wheeling and we came across a lovely pastoral area. we were passing through some rocky, mountainous territory and we came across a green, verdant area that looked so nice and peaceful. I got on the walkie-talkie to Mom in the car ahead and asked what bucolic meant because I thought the area looked like that. I knew it felt like that word applied, but could not actually remember the definition. Odd, right? Hasn't that happened to you before?






Here, listen to this person playing Claire de Lune on the iPad. Cool, isn't it? Well, that app is available to all of you iPad-types. It is called Touch Pianist, and it has other songs, too. The app is free, but the other songs are about $0.99 each.

The kitchen of 2025 will certainly have a table like this. You have to watch the video. It shows the IKEA table recognizing tomatoes and suggesting what to cook. It reads an open cookbook and talks about how to prepare the meal. It is really cool.

Dad and I saw one of these the other night. As the woman was leaving the parking lot, we asked her about it and she stopped and opened the top so we could see the top go into the back. She was obviously very proud of it, and it was in good shape. It is a 2004 Chevrolet SSR Convertible Pickup.


















Want to freeze out car thieves from your new car? It seems putting the keys in the freezer will do so. So might your fridge, or the microwave, or even aluminum foil. You can read the reasons and the reasoning in this USA Today article.

And staying a car-related theme, I came across this photo.
















Why did I post it for you? Well, we just got one of our cars back after SS got his car out of the shop. So, the caption "My son said his car needed some work, but...COME ON!!!" sprang to mind. No, the interior of his car does not look like this. Now, the interior of his caddy? Yeah, maybe. jk!

Did you know it is illegal to pump your own gas in OR and NJ? I didn't until this morning. It sounds like there may be some relief from that in OR.

Lower cost Whole Foods? Yes, please.


















No, I do not have new glasses. Why do you ask?












It is Friday, folks. If you are working today, keep that fact in mind. If you are not, use my comment as a reminder of the day of the week, since it is likely that everyday feels the same. See you next week.

No comments: