Thursday, May 07, 2015

Return of the Photos

I finally got around to loading the rest of the photos from our San Diego vacation. So, here are a few new shots. First is a small pond in Seaport Village.
























And here is a shot of the restaurant where we ate, also found in Seaport Village.
















And the third photo is also from the same place. There is a small park area where people were flying kites.
















This morning's scripture was Amos 8:11-12 about the end times when people will be searching to hear the Word of the Lord. It made me consider how much (more accurately, how little) of the Scriptures I could recreate. Ponder that in your own life.

Last night, Survivor revealed that we get to help pick which returning castaways return for the next season. I looked at the photos and the names at Survivor - Second Chance and recognized... hardly any of them. Maybe I am not the best to review this, though, because I cannot even remember who won last season, and that was only six months ago.

I have mentioned before that some headlines catch my attention. Here's one that did; Rap’s Impact Outweighs Influence of The Beatles, Says Scientific Study. It sounds like the key difference is that The Beatles followed musical trends underway and hip-hop shaped a new direction. The author does acknowledge that critics may hold The Beatles in higher esteem.

Thee is a story on Yahoo today about a t-shirt worn by a Microsoft executive last week. It shows the Windows logo made up of 1's and 0's. Someone deciphered what they say. One of the messages was "Windows 10, because 7 8 9." You can see the other messages in the article.


















And wearing a shirt with no hidden message is the new McDonald's Hamburglar. What do you think? Is he the key to luring you back to the Golden Arches?
























Would you think twice if someone other than your waitress picked up your check and walked away as if to go process it? Especially if she was wearing the same out fit as others? I don't know that I would. So, this headline is another that made me want to read the article; Fake Waitress Steals Diner’s Credit Card, Goes On Spending Spree Next Door At Target. The words "fake waitress" are what made me curious. By the way, she only got away with around $200 worth of goods at a nearby Target.

A new CoV seems like the perfect way to end a Thursday blog post.












OK, crew. Get to work. Deadlines are looming (which I learned has nothing to do with using looms). Back tomorrow with more nonsense.

No comments: