Wednesday, May 06, 2015

I Did Too Know What Yesterday Was

I knew yesterday was Cinco de Mayo (CdM), but had other things I wanted to cover, so I delayed commenting on it until today. I saw somewhere that someone said of CdM, "I usually like mayo on food, but five of them would just be too much." And by the way, CdM is NOT Mexican Independence Day. That is Sept 16. CdM celebrates Mexico winning the Battle of Puebla over the French (I think in the 1860s).

I like many Mexican dishes, but not all. For instance, mole is not one of my favorites. You can learn the story behind some of the foods in this article. Here's what it says about nachos:
The first nachos reportedly hail from Piedras Negras, Mexico, where in 1943 Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya rummaged through his restaurant’s pantry hoping to please a hungry group of army wives who had just wandered in. Anaya reportedly “threw together whatever food he could find in the kitchen that ‘consisted of near canapes of tortilla chips, cheese, and jalapeno peppers.’” His somewhat unorthodox cheese of choice? Wisconsin cheddar

A vegan mini-mall has opened in Portland, OR. Will you visit it next time you are up there? You can get groceries, hit a bakery, drop in to a strip club, and get a tattoo. You are already planning your trip, aren't you? Well, I'm not because I am not longer vegan. Too bad, mini-mall.

Hey, you young whipper-snappers. Are you worried that you might get Alzheimer's when you get older? Well, cut back on sugar now.

Do you struggle to fall asleep? How would you like to fall asleep in 60 seconds? Well, an AZ doctor says he has a technique that will let you do just that. You can read the whole article for a little more detail, but the steps are:
Exhale completely through your mouth while making a 'whoosh' sound.
Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
Now hold your breath for a count of seven.
Exhale completely through your mouth, making another whoosh sound for eight seconds in one large breath.
Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three times for a total of four breaths.

While I don't listen much to his radio program, I do think Dave Ramsey has a healthy attitude towards money and getting finances under control. I am trying to ensure I know where our spending goes. I saw this article about "6 Things Dave Ramsey Says You Should Do With Your Money in 2015". I knew most of them.

Tell me if you like these canvases...
















You may find them more interesting when you meet the artist.























The actual artist, Canismo, used corn starch and food coloring on shelter dogs and let them shake the mixture off onto the canvases.

I was brushing my teeth last night when I misread my toothpaste tube.












Wednesday beckons from out my window shade. Please, give me leave to enjoy it. Well, while that sounds all poetic and stuff, the truth is much more mundane. I gots stuff to do, and not a lot of time to do it. I need to finish a deliverable today, so this ends today's post. Back on Thursday.

No comments: