Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign

Have you ever seen the words in the title before? If not, it is likely that will not know that a group called the Five Man Electrical Band recorded a song called (appropriately enough) Signs in 1971 and those were the opening lyrics. Anyway, I thought of it because my photo theme today is signs. This banner was hanging on a display table in the Visitor Center of Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego. I asked the volunteers if I could take a picture and, when they said I could, I sat down on the floor to take it.
















In fact, here is the sign outside of the Visitor Center. I like to capture the signs that describe the places I visit, or the view in front of me, or share additional information or background about a scenic spot or historic location.
















This sign tells about the man for whom the monument is named, a Portuguese explorer named Joao Rodrigues Cabrilho in 1957. The challenge for a shot like this is I wanted to see the statue and include the sign.
























And this sign in one of the buildings on site describes lighthouses along the West Coast.
















It's coming. A Leap Second will be added in June. Hide your women and children. It may not affect us on our DVRs, but it could be a challenge for business systems that require critical timing.

Would you like to have a van to carry your whole crew, but can't find one that would fit them all? I found one for you.















While we are traveling, let's go to China to check out an interesting building. First, the photos and then, the reveal.









































Does the building facade remind you of anything? It does me. The USS Enterprise-D from Star Trek: The Next Generation. They actually licensed the design from CBS, so it is the only one like it in the world.

It's Hump Day, and I had decided to recycle another comic from 2009. I did use the concept, but ended up rethinking it. So, while it claims to be a 'Redux', it is mostly new (I did use two of the same comments, but everything else has changed).























I have to get ready for my MWF conference call now, so I will say adieu and leave it at that. Adieu,

No comments: