Friday, May 15, 2015

Cheese and Sneeze and Cookies

Another place we visited in San Diego was the Old Point Loma Lighthouse. At the entrance to the park, I came across a place where the sign and the lighthouse were both visible. So, here is a series (what? again today?) where I will ask which you prefer. I will start with one where the sign is the focal point and the lighthouse can be seen behind it. You can see a bit of the hill, but the parking lot and road are mostly obscured.
























Next, I shifted to the left because there was an interesting tree that I though would make a nice central image with the lighthouse on the hill behind it. You can also see a bit of the curvy road leading from the foreground to the background.
















Finally, a wider shot capturing all the elements. Now you can see even more of the road plus the sign plus the tree plus the lighthouse. However, since I am not zoomed in on anything particular, all the key features are smaller.
















So, which do you like the most? I am going to have to choose image #1. I like the details on the sign and the lighthouse peeking over the hill behind. On a different day, it is possible I might choose #3.

Does it really help anything if we eat organic foods? Turns out that the answer is... somewhat. Nutritionally, there is little difference. Cleansing pesticide out of your body. You betcha. Better for the environment? Indubitably.

What is the most 'distinctive' cause of death in your state? Syphilis? Tuberculosis? Transportation-related? This article will tell, state by state, what it is.

And while we are studying the US, which cities are the 'sneeziest'? I have been hit with ugly allergies the last few days, so I would have guessed my town to be among them, but no. They are all East coast cities.























And continuing our journey across the states, we can be glad that all of them will soon get the chance to order a Quesalupa at Taco Bell.
























Mmm. Cookies. Did that make you think of Sesame Street? Of course, nowadays, he craves veggies that way to be more politically correct.












Did someone say 'Friday'? Why, yes, it is. Let's get today out of the way and start our weekend. See you on the flip side.

No comments: