Thursday, April 23, 2015

Quick and Dirty

Let me start out by saying that I am neither quick nor dirty. The title refers to the fact that a) I have no photos to share nor time to search out any, b) I am finding very few articles whose content seems interesting, and c) even today's Clarity of Vision is a retread. Hey, sometimes life happens. I have come in the last two days just after 5am to try and get some tasks completed. Did I make it? I won't know until this afternoon. So, let's see what we have for today.

Yes or No, will Tang (the astronaut's breakfast drink) clean a dishwasher? Will a slice of apple in your dryer help the clothes smell fresher? Does dryer lint have any use around the house? You probably are guessing the answer to the above questions is yes. Otherwise, why would I have mentioned them. Find out and see what other household hacks might help you.

When my young'uns were young'uns, they did not watch Teletubbies. They did not watch Reading Rainbow. They might have watched Ducktales and Danger Mouse. Whether they did or didn't, this next generation might get the chance since all those shows (plus a few more) are looking to make a resurgence in the near future. Read about them and their chances for success here.

I remember having biscuit donuts as a kid. Did Mom make them? Probably, although the details escape me. Anyway, Pillsbury is sharing a way to make them without frying them. Maybe you should try it. Yeah, you. I'm, not likely to.

Did you know you’ve been peeling an orange wrong? Check out this link and see if an orange caterpillar doesn't seem like a better way.

This next link for a pizza dough made from cauliflower is not the implied healthiness of it. It has nothing to do with the taste of it nor of the crunchiness of it (neither of which are even mentioned). It is the fact that I found it on the Rachael Ray site. Come on. You know she's never tried it.

Now, if I were eating ice cream, I might be enticed to try and make my own Wendy's Frosty at home. I do like them. However, we do not have an ice cream maker, and even if we did, our freezer is too full to freeze the bowl. So, I guess I am telling you about it in case you are so inclined.

Before we get a dose of CoV, here's some facts just for Preacher Bro and family about the oldest major soft drink brand in America. Can you guess which one that is? I am sure he already knows.

OK, let's see what delights your daily dose of CoV provides.












And before we go, I saw this headline and am wondering if you read it the same way I did.








Well, did you wonder how you can 'hang up' on someone without answering the phone in the first place? In case you wondered, they even have a term for them. "Courtesy Disconnects"

And my time is at hand. No, I mean just for today's blog post. I'll be out tomorrow, so don't wait up.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for the link. I did know most of those facts (having toured the Dr Pepper Bottling Facility in Dublin, TX before they shut down). I was intrigued by the black market for Dublin-bottled Pure Cane Sugar DP—we happen to have a case of these!

CrazyUncle said...

Why does that not surprise me?

Keith said...

Where have you been?!?! Can't wait to get back to the daily (weekday) posts!