Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Out of Commission For a Day

I know many of you were sorely disappointed by the lack of a new post yesterday. I had some kind of stomach bug (likely exacerbated by allergies). So, I finally started feeling better at 2:39pm and am almost 100% today. Still, no goodbye kiss when we finish, OK?

I am thinking this is the last of the photos from San Francisco a few years ago. I don't think each one will need any explanation. They are a series of shots I took as we drove down Lombard Street. I will start with a shot from the Wikipedia article above that shows Lombard Street from Coit Tower (which you will see on the horizon in my photos.


































Speaking of San Francisco, and with a nod towards a post from last week, let's talk about Full House. Did you hear that a sequel is being made by Netflix? Yup, it will be called Fuller House and will be aired beginning in 2016. I can honestly say I am as excited about this as I was by the original series.

Did you know that only three TV shows have ended their run while they were rated #1. Do you know which ones hold that distinction? "The Andy Griffith Show," "I Love Lucy" and "Seinfeld" are the only ones to date.

Speaking of TV programs, how about some heavy-duty binging? If so, here is a list of those shows with 200+ hours available on non-cable providers. Consumerist rated Law and Order: Special Victims Unit as their #1 pick with just shy of 260 hours ready to watch.

Let's move from TV to movies for today's Clarity of Vision.













Do you think the inventor of the Cronut is tired of eating them? Would you be? It turns out that he is not and claims that he still eats one every day.

You can wash the Cronut down with a S’Mores Frappuccino from Starbucks. It is only around for a short time, so grab all the sugar you can (which, if you imbibe along with your Cronut, will be a LOT).

This article talks about how to chill a beer in five minutes. The same trick should also work for Dr. Pepper, right? Or A&W Root Beer? One thing, though. Do NOT use it on red wine (right, Ex-NZ Niece?).

I am waaay behind after missing work yesterday, so I need to get some stuff done before my 8am status call. And then I need to get some more stuff dome before an 11:30am meeting with a stakeholder. I then have a 1pm staff meeting. And finally, I need to prepare for a 4pm Executive Status meeting. So, let's all look busy for a while.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I was sorely disappointed by the lack of a new post yesterday. Just saying.
You started feeling better at 2:39pm? Who tracks their illness that precisely?
By the way, when I clicked on what was supposed to be a video on how to chill my [Dr Papper] in five minutes, nothing happened. No video. I've been ripped off!

CrazyUncle said...

I happened to notice the microwave clock when I realized I had not been ill for a bit. So, I may have actually started feeling better at 2:14pm. And while the bottle cooling trick video DID work for me, I replaced it with one pointing to the youtube version of the [Dr Pepper] tricks.