Wednesday, April 08, 2015

MS, SD, LB, BD and NBT

It's is our grandson's birthday today, even though we went to his party last Saturday. Happy B-Day, JV.

We have a family wedding coming up in San Diego. Since I do not have any current photos to share, I was drawn to see if I could find historic photos of San Diego. I found a bunch at sandiegohistory.org. Here is one of the Balboa Park are in 1915.


















Before we go on, I will jump to 1977, when the first of the Star Wars movies was released. Yes, I did go to the theater to see this show some 19 times. Anyway, the first six movies are being released for download. No, I probably will not purchase them. Will you? These are the versions after George Lucas did some updates. So, until Han Solo DOES shoot first, I will wait.

Next, let's travel back to 1887 where they were building an SD icon, Hotel Del Coronado.














And here is it completed in 1904.















Who is this a statue of? Did you guess Lucille Ball? No? I wouldn't have, either. See a few others that are less than flattering here.
























I love my Daddy. I really do, but this is where Dad and I differ. He prefers them crunchier and I prefer chewier. I am talking about chocolate chip cookies, although that same preference would apply to practically any cookie. This article describes techniques to get your cookie baked in the way you choose, no matter how wrong your father may be.

OK, I admit that the title of this next article made me look. It teased me with The Bobby Pin Trick You've Been Missing All Your Life. Now, aren't you curious?

Are you still in the tablet market? If so, which of the new (or alleged new) models would most appeal to you? The new Microsoft Surface 3, which runs full-fledged Windows 8? Or the iPad Mini 4, which continues the wining Apple formula?

You know what today is? The middle of the week? Come on. Say it.












Do you like Taco Bell? What about Chipotle? I read this morning that maybe El Polo Loco is the next to assume that throne? Business Insider tried it and came away favorably impressed. We used to eat there some, but it has been a long time. maybe we should give it another chance?

Another NBT (next big thing) is the Apple Watch. I read that stores are being reconfigured to help promote it, but that you won't be able to walk in and buy one. So, why do Apple stores even exist anymore? They are putting the Watch under glass so you cannot touch it, and you must order it to buy one. Crazy.

Today's title? MS=Microsoft, SD=San Diego, LB=Lucille Ball, BD=birthday, NBT=next big thing

And with that, I am outta here. It is indeed Hump Day, so have a great one.

No comments: