Monday, April 13, 2015

Pen and Ink, and Water and Flour, and People

What does your front door look like? Sometimes, it is a single door. Sometimes, there are panels on one or both sides with windows or glass in them. Sometimes, it has carvings around it that look like a huge mouth. Oh, you've never had an entrance like that? Look at these places and see what you think.

We did not see the GRANDS this past weekend, but they will be staying with us next weekend. What that means for you right now is I have no new photos. So, I was thinking about what I could share and I remember a site where a woman posts a new drawing (almost) every day. So, while you can see here full portfolio here, I have posted a few of them here. One of my favorites is the drawing of blossoms that only takes up the left half of the page.


















Next is a wilted daffodil that was interesting.


















The third is a watercolor of an orange.


















And I will end with a drawing of the shadow of some Spring flowers.


















If you are anything like me, I really feel sorry for you. No, that is not what I really meant to say. If you are anything like me, you have been looking high and low for a simplified recipe for vegan sticky buns. Luckily for both of us, that search is not over. You can find the recipe here and see the (alleged) end result below.























I kept looking at that recipe site and came across one for cinnamon roll sugar cookies that they promise are easy to make. Someone should try them and report back to us.





















Now that I have teased you with some attractive food photos, let's jump to the topic of Soylent. Yes, the name does sound a lot like the movie Soylent Green starring Charlton Heston ("Soylent Green is People!"), and it is meant to. This is a total meal replacement, so you never have to eat regular food again (if that is your goal). No, I have not tried it, but I did read a review from a guy who LOVES it, even after 5-1/2 months. Would you be willing to give up all food?

One thing about a weekend is I STILL don't work on the blog or Clarity of Vision until the last minute. I am writing this at 15 minutes before bedtime. I do not have a new CoV in mind, so I will likely use a classic one, but I will decide in the morning. Sometimes, I hear something on the radio during my commute.

Well, no revelations came to me this morning, so Classic CoV it is.























And that will do it for today. I am not finding anything else compelling enough to include in today's post, and we both need to get going anyway. Thanks for spending some time with me. Have a Magnificent Monday.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

hmmm didnt know there was such an ingredient as 'cococut sugar'? have heard of the cococut oil..i think a simple idea like rolling the biscuits n a tube in cinnamon & sugar and perhaps some walnuts sprinkled on top/honey roasted nuts would work well too. bake em in a selected pan and place N2 desired round shape..is ok for all to be a giant clump in the pan as they are like pull-aparts for just the right amount of stickyiness!--- then grab a cup or bowl throw some powedered sugar in and a few spoonfulls of milk or water and there is the drizzle. of course its not the correct recipe for the 'vegan minded' such as yourself. always cool stuff to tempt brain into taking a glance at whats new that i've never heard of? -------ciao