Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Lots o' Links But No Looks

Let's talk about nails. I mean the ones on your hands and feet. How often do you need to clip them or get them groomed? Have you noticed that the ones on your dominant hand grow more quickly? You can get all your questions answered by reading this. There have been numerous studies and scientists know all sorts of things that no one has even wondered about before.

Do you remember Easter? We celebrated it a couple of days ago. Of course, for Christians around the world, it is a day to call to mind that Jesus Christ rose from the dead to pay the price for our sins. In a new documentary from James Cameron, he claims to have found the burial tomb of Jesus, his wife Mary and their son, Judah. If it were true, then He did not rise from the dead, and we must still pay the price for our own sins. Luckily, we believe.... No, we KNOW that Jesus did defeat Satan and rise from the dead after the crucifixion as a propitiation for our sins. PTL.

And did you watch Killing Jesus on Fox News Channel? I didn't even know it was on. I will look for it On Demand. Anyway, it was the #1 telecast in cable news on Friday in both total viewers and among adults 25-54.

For me, it seems James Cameron is running in a manner that will lead him headlong into the wall of human disbelief. In a (loosely) related story, BMW has developed technology that will keep its cars from hitting any wall or nearby object. They released a video that shows you how this works.

I saw this headline on Drudge Report this morning. How would you interpret it?





I think they mean that the number of illegals crossing the border is increasing. Of course, that is not how my mind read it at first. I thought of the people who DO cross the border doing so more quickly. "All right! I made it over the border that time in two minutes, seventeen seconds!"

Are you adding more and more electronic devices into your home? Right now, our home is not very "smart". However, we do have a wireless network. No matter how close you are to being completely hooked into the Internet of Things, it is never too early to begin to secure all your devices. Read this story for a good first start.

Do you ever watch shows on the web? You know, like shows made for Yahoo or whatever? A trailer for new Yahoo series, Other Space, from the guy that did Bridesmaids, looks pretty funny. I will definitely watch this (at least the first episode).

For the first time in over a decade, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is requiring all of its special agents to take a physical fitness test. Could you pass the test? It involves situps, pushups, a 300-meter sprint, and a 1.5 mile run. There are specific targets for each (such as 30+ pushups for men).

Well, I've got no photos today, but I do have a classic CoV to share.













My time is up for today. Plus, I need to draft a note for my boss about this new project because I fear upper management may have different goals than we can reliably deliver. It's Tremendous Tuesday, so go out and make it so.

No comments: