Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Paint the Town Red (Or At Least, the Ladies)

I came across some cool shots of the famous Painted Ladies in Alamo Square in San Francisco. And I apologize for the sensational title on this post. No one actually painted the buildings red, nor should they. Anyhoo, let's start with a view from the park through some trees.
















Then we moved up to the other side of the park and framed the houses with a fountain in the foreground and just a peek at the Transamerica Pyramid downtown (you can see the tip in the upper right-hand corner of the photo).
















And finally, the family posing "Full House"-style in Alamo Square with the Ladies behind us.



















I do not have a tax-themed comic for today. Nothing came to mind. There was a farmer's market at our campus yesterday and I met a friend who has her own bakery. So, let's go with a cupcake theme.












Did you see this photo of a British newspaper and the headlines? There is no way this juxtaposition was an accident.



















And another odd headline caught my eye. Sometimes, when I share these, I ask for you to think about how you would interpret them before presenting my own skewed viewpoint. This time, I will reveal my interpretation before I share the picture. "What? They can't sit all the way down? Everyone is kind of in a squatting position?"













I was going to comment on one more, but I have a headache and I just decided, "Meh. Who cares?"










If you get upset about this, remember that I am not talking to you specifically. This is about taking care of myself. Why the disclaimer? I found five moves to reduce a double chin. Now, excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I read this story about the government planning to exhume some 400 remains from Pearl Harbor so they can use DNA to find out who they were and thought that was a good idea. Many families will get their final closure. It made me think of a former pastor who had a way to truly test faith healers. He suggested that, if they truly have the gift of healing from God, they should go into a hospital and heal everyone. That would certainly prove their gift, right?

Did you hear about the daughter of an astronaut who wanted to write a message that her father could see from space? Well, she did it, and here is a video showing how she made it happen. A screenshot of the message is below.











Do you agree with this author's assertions that The Beatles lied to us in some of their songs? I would be more surprised if he implied they did not.

Speaking of The Beatles, have you ever been to London and seen the Abbey Road studios? When we were there a decade ago, we found that you could not enter the building, so I just took a shot from outside. Now, someone has made a virtual tour from hundreds of photos. Go on. Step inside.

Well, I found lots of interesting tidbits today, and I hope you enjoyed them. I did, though, and perhaps that is all that matters. So, until tomorrow, have a Wonderful Wednesday and a Titanic Tax Day.

No comments: