Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Makes For a Freaky Friday

Let's compare a couple of photos of the color from Southwest Colorado. First, a shot from Last Dollar Road that includes some blue sky.















And next, a shot from a few minutes later that does NOT include sky.















Which do you prefer? Does the blue help you focus on the intense colors below or do the colors pop more without the sky? I think I like the blue.

OK, what do you think about this next photo? I chose to make the remaining logs from an old house as the primary focus and let the colors in the background be just that...the background. Would it have worked better if I had focused on the trees and let the log be out of focus? I played with both options as I was deciding what to do and liked this better. Which do you think would work better?






















According to this page out of this book, I did good using the foreground to point to the background because the topmost log points up towards the colors. Well, that is how I choose to interpret it.

Of course, Colorado is not only fun in the Summer and Fall, which is when we go. Here is a Yahoo! story about 20 Colorado mountain towns that are paradise in the winter. Check out number 4. I am sure you have heard of it in this blog.

D-I-L's mother has been our hair cutter for quite a while now. She recently moved over 45 miles away, so we have gone for too long without a trim. Luckily, we will be both be at SS's house tonight to trick-or-treat with the GRANDS, so she will give us cuts. My hair has been looking like a toupee for a couple of weeks, so we are glad she is back on our side of town for the evening.

Here's a treat, and that's no trick. It's today's Clarity of Vision.












Have your feelings toward receiving gift cards at Christmas changed over the years? For the general public, it seems the answer is yes. It has gone from 69% saying the would like one in 2007 to 37% this year. For me, I am fine either way (unless you give me one to a place that has gone out of business like Borders). Consumerist tells the whole story.

Don't you wish you knew someone who worked at Area 51 in Nevada? On his deathbed, one of their scientists reveals that we worked with alien technology and that 18 of the aliens work(ed) for the US government. Check out the story here. Do you believe it?

I cannot handle heights. So, do not look for me to ride this new coaster being built in the Carolinas. 325 feet straight down? No, thank you.

Let me explain that last comment. I might could handle the heights attained by a sit/stand desk. This guy thinks the Ikea one is pretty cool.

It's late. I forgot to post this before I got pulled into a discussion with a vendor, so I will stop now. have a good weekend and a spoooooky Halloween.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

greetings fellow alien....yes there is a real 'area 51' as my dad worked there and took pictures as proof? he had special clearance, kind of like a secret agent. always enjoy the pic's as they remind me of when pat and i drove around in colorado, we stayed in vail one time as well; i liked telluride myself...well until next week rolls around have a blessed weekend and stay away from the halloween candy!!---ciao